Melamine dinnerware is the perfect choice for many caterers. Melamine dinnerware features many of the best traits of different dinnerware materials and blends them together beautifully in a versatile finished product. The options are endless when it comes to melamine dinnerware, so you can be sure to find something that works perfectly for you and your event. Oftentimes when choosing between china, porcelain, stone, clay, and other materials, you won’t be able to find the right dinnerware that fits all of your criteria. Because of the versatility of melamine, chances are there is a melamine dinnerware set that fits your needs perfectly. Here are our top 8 reasons why melamine dinnerware is a worthwhile investment.
- Endless Variety – Melamine is a type of plastic material, which makes it possible to create an endless amount of colors, styles, patterns and designs when it comes to your dinnerware. This can be very useful, as it may be difficult or even impossible to find some of these designs in chinaware and other materials. This can open new doors for your presentation, as it provides many more options for you to choose from when building your tabletop. You can find something for any theme or occasion!
- Melamine is “Unbreakable” – Melamine can withstand a lot of punishment, and nearly any scenario that can occur in the kitchen or at the table should be easy for the melamine to handle. It’s shatter-proof design makes it extremely tough and hard to break, so it should be able to withstand accidental drops, stacking, transport, and more without you having to worry much about it. It is also scratch resistant, so it will not accumulate lots of scratch marks from forks and knives very easily. Ultimately, this will save you money, as it is a lot more durable and will last longer than china, porcelain, or glass!
- A Low Price Option – Compared to china, porcelain, glass, metals, and other dinnerware materials, melamine is extremely affordable. The cheaper price will allow you to purchase more if you need them. Plus, when you consider the lifespan of the melamine dinnerware and compare it to the cost of constantly replacing new chinaware, glassware, etc., the savings cannot be beat!
- Beautiful and Elegant Looks – There are many types of melamine dinnerware that closely resemble china or porcelain dinnerware. The versatility of melamine allows for an endless amount of colors, designs, and patterns that will mimic ceramic style dinnerware perfectly. This means that if you ever want to use melamine dinnerware for your tabletop, you do not have to sacrifice looks!
- Always the Perfect Temperature – Melamine also boasts very useful insulation properties when dealing with hot or cold foods. Melamine stays cool to the touch when serving hot foods, which can be a blessing for your servers. This may also reduce the chances of an accident occurring. In addition, melamine is also a great insulator for the cold, so when serving cold dishes the melamine will keep the dishes cool.
- Food Safe Material – When it comes to plastics, many people are concerned with the health risks associated with certain types of plastics. After some scientific studies, it was found that melamine is a safe material when serving food under 160 degrees Fahrenheit. So you can rest assured that your melamine dinnerware is not posing any health risks to you or your guests. However, because of its temperature limit, it is important to note
that melamine is not microwave or oven safe!
- Dishwasher Safe – Because of melamine’s durability, melamine dinnerware is also safe for use in the dishwasher. This eliminates another possible inconvenience, as you do not have to worry about hand washing every piece yourself. This makes cleaning melamine dinnerware quick and efficient, which can save you money and stress in the long term as well.
Consider melamine dinnerware and these 8 reasons when you are in the market for some new dinnerware collections. These make melamine dinnerware very versatile and able to adapt to any circumstance and event. These will always be a useful addition to your arsenal!
If you are interested in purchasing some melamine dinnerware, you can browse through our extensive selection here!