The spring season is a beautiful time to celebrate a wedding. With the beauty that nature brings this time of year, it leaves much opportunity for your events to reflect that same beauty. This beauty can be reflected in many ways throughout your event. With the spring season comes warmer weather and the blossoming of new life, both of which are themes that can be easily integrated into your decor. The same can be said for your food offerings as well. Here are some of our favorite and most effective ideas for spring time events that will surely bring your event alive with the spirit of spring.
- Colors – Spring is a great time for any wedding, and one of the main reasons for this is the blossoming of new life. As the weather gets warmer, plants and flowers of all colors begin to sprout and blossom, displaying an awesome array of color throughout nature. Take advantage of this wealth of color and incorporate it into your wedding. Try lighter, softer tones like pastels, or anything from pink, blue, green, purple, orange, and yellow. Combining a bolder tone with a softer pastel color may also work out great for your spring theme. Try bringing in fresh flowers and other greenery for a more realistic display!
- Flowers – Seasonal spring flowers play right into any spring color scheme. There are many different flowers to choose from that are great representatives for the spring season and feel. Try daffodils, lilacs, tulips, hyacinths, and peonies to start. But feel free to use your creativity here and pair different kinds of plants and flowers to compliment your overall theme. The natural beauty, colors, and smells of these flowers will surely immerse your guests into a springtime ambience.
- Favors – Springtime wedding favors can go in many directions, but if you are aiming for a spring theme and feel, it is important to give something that reflects the season well. Since spring time is a reflection of new life, consider giving flower seeds, birdseeds, or event small young plants your guests can take home. The possibilities here are endless, and may also change depending on the bride and groom, etc. Keep your mind open but remember to stay within the theme of spring time and new life.
- Appetizers – Fresh food is the key term when it comes to preparing appropriate spring time appetizers. Take a break from the warm, hearty and heavy flavors and textures of the winter and try something lighter and fresher for the spring season. This can start with fresh greens, mushrooms, and fruits with some exotic spices to give it a unique kick and flair to surprise your guests. Oftentimes, vegetarian options can work great for springtime appetizers. The preparation of different styles of eggs can also be appropriate for a spring time appetizer. Try poached eggs or egg souffles to go along with your fresh fruits and veggies.
- Entrees – Similar to the appetizers, try to forgo the heartier, heavier flavors and textures that work great in the winter. Instead, try incorporating lighter and fresher foods for your entrees. Try taking wedding staples such as fish or chicken and give them the spring treatment with some spring inspired flavors. Use fresh aromatic herbs like rosemary or mint, and even tangy, citrus based marinades can add a light and delicious zest to your entrees. It always helps to use local, seasonal ingredients too, so your guests can experience the true spring flavors of the area you are in.
- Desserts – The great thing about desserts is that you can never go wrong no matter what you serve, since nothing is ever truly “out of season!” However, you can always give your desserts a touch of spring by using lots of fresh fruits in many different ways. This can be as simple as serving a fruit cocktail, or go as far as offering a hearty cheesecake dressed in a blanket of assorted berries. Don’t be afraid to continue with the citrus theme in your desserts as well, to add a light tanginess that will be a delight to your guests this spring season.
Keep these ideas in mind when planning for your spring wedding and reception, and you will be able to create a solid spring theme for your wedding. The combination of these elements will surely bring the lively spirit of spring to any event or celebration!
To bring any of your spring themed ideas to life, make sure you have the appropriate catering supplies and decor on hand. You can find the best deals on a huge selection of catering supplies and more essentials at Caterer’s Warehouse !