Oftentimes, marrying couples opt for something different and untraditional for their wedding receptions. For those who want something a bit more unique for their reception, there are many wedding trends emerging these days that offer a fresh, fun approach to wedding receptions. These can often allow the couples to make their reception more personal and memorable for their guests. If you are trying to plan something a bit untraditional, consider the following unique wedding reception ideas for your next reception.
- Luxury Reception Lounge – Offer a break area for your guests during your wedding reception in a close yet somewhat secluded area from the main reception hall. This area will allow guests to step away from the main ceremony for a breath of fresh air, while still being close enough to be able to catch the rest of the festivities. You can get creative with this area, making it very luxurious and plush.
- Wedding Reception Ushers – In addition to having ushers help guide your guests during the wedding ceremony, you can also have wedding reception ushers as well! This will definitely add a nice touch of class to your wedding reception and leave a nice impression on your guests.
- Table Games – Use your creativity and come up with fun table activities to help your guests socialize and get to know each other better. These can also become valuable to the couple afterwards as well. For example, try leaving a book on each table and ask each guest to write a message for them to read on their first anniversary. This can make for some great nostalgic moments when their first anniversary comes around.
- Tiny Bite Size Foods – Another fun trend these days at weddings are the use of miniature sized foods. These are great ideas for appetizers or side dishes, and will add some fun and familiarity with these tiny bite sized foods.
- Food and Ice Cream Trucks – A culinary trend these days is the emergence of food trucks. Food trucks often bring new and different cuisines and ideas to the table, so this can be a fun and interesting way to spice up your menu. If a food truck is a bit too casual for your wedding, you can consider having an ice cream truck or dessert truck for the end of the ceremony when things are more casual.
- Family Style Meals – Another twist to the wedding reception dinner is the serving of the food as family style. This can help your guests continue to socialize with each other and instill a stronger sense of community and friendship amongst your guests. This can also be easier for food preparation, as you are required to prepare fewer dishes.
- Meals Made-To-Order – An interesting option you can provide for your guests are also food kiosks where chefs cook your meal to your request. You can lay out the ingredients for your guests and allow them to pick and choose what ingredients they want in their meal and hand it to a chef who prepares it how you want it. This guarantees every guest gets a meal they enjoy, and also creates a new, fun dynamic to your wedding reception.
Keep these catering tips in mind, and you will become more versatile as a wedding caterer. Not only will you be well versed in catering for the traditional wedding, but the untraditional as well. If you need any wedding supplies to help your next wedding reception to go smoothly, you can always find the best prices with the best selection at Caterer’s Warehouse!