First impressions are always important no matter what the situation, and this is no different when catering. Since appetizers are always among the first things to be served to your guests, it is very important you have quality appetizer ideas for all of your events. Even though they are not the main course, when even the small details for your event surpass expectations, lasting impressions are made. This is why its imperative that you come prepared with not only your best ideas for your entrees, but also catering appetizers. Here are some general guidelines to always keep in mind for appetizers ideas that will always work.
- What Kind of Appetizers? – Much of your decision making for your appetizer ideas will come from the kind of appetizers you will be making. Your appetizers cannot just be a random collection of ideas; instead they, along with the rest of your menu, should be one cohesive culinary experience. Make sure that your appetizers all flow nicely with the rest of your catering.
- Listen To Your Budget – One of the most important factors that you need to keep into consideration when preparing your appetizers for parties is your budget. If your budget is small, you do not want to spend too much on your appetizers and have little left for the rest of the meal. Be sure you are realistic with what you can do with the budget you have.
- Consistent Cuisine – When coming up with the appetizer ideas and recipes, be sure you keep the textures and flavors consistent with the rest of the menu. This is important to keep a consistent experience throughout the entire meal. For example, you do not want to serve a hot and hearty wintertime appetizer during a light summertime meal.
- Appropriate for the Ocassion – It is also important to remember what kind of party you are catering for. What is the ocassion? What will the layout be like? Will it be buffet style? All of these questions and more will factor into what kinds of appetizers will be best to prepare for your event.
- Cater to the Right Crowd – It is equally important to keep in mind who you are catering to. Keep in mind the type of people your guests will be and create appetizer ideas that will be appropriate for your crowd. For example, you do not want to prepare appetizers with meat for a gathering of vegetarians. If there are children involved, you may also want to make your appetizers child friendly as well.
- Local Ingredients – It always is a positive to your catering efforts when you use and support local ingredients for your cooking. This can also be a great way to add a local touch to your menu as well, using flavors native to the area in your cooking.
- Flavors of the Season – Similarly to using local ingredients, you could also try using ingredients that are currently in season. This way, you can have appetizers full of flavors that are not only in season, but also native to the local area you are in. This will add a very nice personal touch to the wedding menu.
- Creative Presentation – Once you have the right appetizer ideas in mind, you want to be sure they are presented appropriately. Shape your appetizers to look like something related to the ocassion, or make your appetizers tiny versions of food we are familiar with. Being creative with your presentation will not only give your appetizers more appeal to your guests, but it will leave the positive first impression that you are looking for.
Stay in line with these gudelines for your appetizers for parties, and you will always have great appetizers. If you need help preparing your appetizers and need some new catering supplies to make your ideas a reality, check out Caterer’s Warehouse now!
With Halloween right around the corner, you must be ready for a steady stream of Halloween related requests for Halloween themed events. With the large number of these coming all at once, its important to be prepared with many Halloween recipes in your repertoire.Afterall, the food is always the highlight of any gathering, and with the creative and fun nature of Halloween, the possibilities are nearly endless when it comes to ideas for recipes and your food presentation. Here are some of our favorite recipes that we found around the web that we thought our readers will enjoy!
- Wicked Witch Cupcakes
- Chocolate Halloween Bark
- Meringue Bones
- Frankenstein Brownies
- Severed Fingers
- Oreo Cakester Bat and Spider Pops
- Battenburg Cake and Ghoulish Green Punch
- Chocolate Mummy Cupcakes
- Candy Corn Cookie Dough Pretzel Bites
- Stabbed Cupcakes
These unique and creative Halloween recipes will surely make your Halloween party a memorable one this year. If you need to restock on any extra party supplies before the Halloween rush hits, be sure to check out Caterer’s Warehouse for all of your catering supply needs!
The Fall season is a great time to use your creativity for your tabletops and centerpieces. Using local and seasonal flora and decor, it can be a very fun challenge to create a beautiful, unique Fall tabletop. The Fall season is a time when many summertime crops are being harvested before the winter time, so the selection of Fall foods and vegetation is very diverse. This makes the Fall season a very unique season to cater for, allowing for endless possibilities for your events. You can use this diversity to create a beautiful and unique Fall tabletop and centerpiece for your events. Here are some of the most popular Fall tabletop and centerpiece ideas that you can use for your inspiration.
- Autumn Mixture Centerpice – Autumn is known for its foliage and seasonal crops and vegetation. Put together a melange of various fall related items that come naturally with the season. For example, try mixing in pine cones, indian corn, colored leaves, branches and twigs, etc. into a centerpiece display for a fall twist!
- Branches with Foliage – Because the weather is so deeply intertwined with the fall season, using the changing colors of fall foliage are a good way to reflect the changing of the seasons. Try using a display of branches with leaves that have changed color to give your centerpice a fall season feel.
- Gourds as Vases – If you need something to use as a display, similar to a vase, try using a gourd instead. Gourds are grown this time of year and are extremely popular and abundant, making it very suitable for fall decor.
- Color Coordinate – As always, keep your colors coordinated throughout your display. Be sure to use colors that are fall related, which tend to be earthier shades of brown to red, oranges and yellows.
- Pumpkins! – What vegetable is more popular during the fall season than pumpkins? These fun and versatile vegetables can be used for many different things during the fall. You can use them for food or even decoration. Be sure to use plenty of pumpkins to give your event that feeling of fall.
- Fall Table Runners – For your table runners, try using something more fall specific. It could be shaped as a leaf or an acorn for example, so it still fits in with the fall theme and color scheme, while still being functional as a table runner.
- Indian Corn and Wheat – Another beautiful pair that goes great for fall tabletops and centerpieces is indian corn and wheat. When placing these together creatively, you can have one of the simplest yet beautiful fall centerpiece ideas made very quickly!
- Feathers as Decor – Turkeys are oftentimes associated with the fall because of Thanksgiving, so the use of feathers can add a lot to the presentation as well. Since these are a bit different than using your typical foliage, pumpkins, indian corn, etc. it can also really stand out to your guests because of its unique nature.
- Fall Flowers – Flowers are never a bad choice for any tabletop or centerpiece idea. Be sure to use seasonal and local fall flowers for your centerpices. Also, be sure to use the right variety of colors that go well with the rest of your color scheme. Typically, flowers during the fall will be darker, richer and earthier tones.
- Pumpkin Trees – Another option is to create a pumpkin tree, which is a very unique and fun idea as a fall centerpiece idea. To do this, you can prop some branches up on a stand for the pumpkin tree, and tie a loop of string around some small pumpkins. Then hang these pumpkins on the branches, creating the pumpkin tree.
Using these catering tips, you can be sure to have a beautiful Fall tabletop and centerpiece every time. Now that you have the knowledge, be sure you also have the supplies! Find all the catering supplies you need and more at Caterer’s Warehouse!
Now that Fall is officially upon us, the weather will quickly be changing and before you know it, Halloween will be here. Halloween is a special holiday for many across the country, from children to adult alike. Because of this, it is important to be prepared to cater to all kinds of parties and events. Since it’s a fun holiday that spans a wide demographic, you have a huge array of choices and possibilities for your events. Because of this, its also important to enjoy the process and be creative and courageous with it as well. Here are some catering tips to help get you on the right track with your next Halloween Party.
- Think About Your Crowd – Since Halloween is enjoyed by children and adults alike, you must first know the general demographics of your guests. If your guests are going to be younger children, your party will be very different from one geared towards young adults. This detail alone with tell you much about what kind of event you need to create.
- Dress for the Occasion – If the Halloween party is going to involve costumes, make sure your staff dresses up in a costume as well. While it is not necessary, it will add a fun and unexpected twist to your catering which many of your guests will enjoy and appreciate. Likewise, if the event does not involve costumes, be sure not dress up, as it will be equally awkward for your guests.
- Create an Ambience – Halloween parties are often based around a horror theme and are scary in nature. Be sure to decorate appropriately, using traditional Halloween icons like spiders, spider webs, ghosts, and pumpkins for example. Using fog machines and playing the right music can also help create the appropriate ambience as well.
- Serve Fun Foods and Drinks – When preparing and presenting your food and drink at your Halloween parties, try to make them Halloween themed as well. Making food to resemble things like worms, spiders, body parts, blood, etc. can also add to the fun and theme of the event.
- Serve Alcohol – If the guests are catered towards the older crowd, be sure to provide alcoholic drinks for your guests as well. This is also another outlet for you to be creative with the Halloween theme. Try creating new drinks or renaming drinks to fall into the Halloween theme too.
- Have Other Activities – Depending on the space and situation, it may be a great idea to provide some extra activities as well. Some examples may include a fortune teller, pumpkin carving, or face painting. These can add a whole other kind of fun and entertainment for your guests, that would normally be unusual for any other situation.
- Stay On Theme – No matter you decide to add to your Halloween party, be sure to stay consistent with the scary Halloween theme. Keep things dark and scary, but fun. While staying on theme is very important, be sure this doesn’t compromise the quality of the catering as well. While staying on theme, be sure the food is still delicious and the service is still top notch.
If you follow these general catering tips, you should have no serious problems catering your next Halloween party. However, even the best planning alone is not enough to cater a party without great quality catering supplies. If you need any Halloween catering supplies, you can find them and more at Caterer’s Warehouse!