The fall is a fun and exciting season for the chef and the caterer. With the abundance of vegetables from the recent harvests, there is an endless variety of new foods and flavors to enjoy during this season. One of these seasonal vegetables that are most associated with the fall is the pumpkin. If you are trying to plan or cater for an fall themed event, there is nothing more appropriate and fitting than recipes featuring pumpkins as the main ingredient. If you are in need of some new and fresh pumpkin recipes for the fall, here are some of our favorites that you may want to consider!
- Sweet and Salty Pumpkin Seeds – A great fall party snack or starter before a meal, these sweet and salty pumpkin seeds are a tasty way to make use of the pumpkin seeds. They are also a creative way to add a bit extra to your menu, filling in holes in your offerings.
- Spiced Pumpkin Seeds – If you enjoy the sweet and salty pumpkin seeds, you may also consider adding another flavor to the mix with this spiced pumpkin seeds recipe. This will give you the same benefits of the sweet and salty pumpkin seeds, but with a spiced kick to it. Adding another flavor to your pumpkin seed offering will definitely be to the excitement of your guests.
- Pumpkin Pie – What better than an old fashioned pumpkin pie hot and fresh out of the oven during the fall season? Here’s a great pumpkin pie recipe that is sure to be a hit for your fall event. Pumpkin pie is a very traditional dish and sure crowd-pleaser as it is a staple flavor during the fall.
- Pumpkin Cake with Cinnamon Buttercream – Another common dessert that is made with pumpkin is pumpkin cake. Cake is a traditional type of dessert that everyone is familiar with, so it this will always be a safe choice. This recipe also calls for some cinnamon buttercream on the top, making it a great fall dessert.
- Pumpkin Rice Pudding – A fun pumpkin recipe to consider is a pumpkin flavored rice pudding. This recipe will add a different twist to your fall menu. Adding to the diversity of your desserts, this rice pudding will only make your menu more versatile.
- Pumpkin Cheesecake – A great luxurious dessert choice for your fall event is the pumpkin cheesecake. Cheesecake is always well-liked all around, and gives your guests that heavy, hearty texture and flavor that people crave during the fall season.
- Pumpkin Leek Soup – Breaking away from desserts, a great pumpkin recipe for the meal is this pumpkin leek soup. Hot, hearty meals become the preferred during the colder weather of the fall, so a soup makes perfect sense to offer for your guests. Use pumpkins to give it a seasonal touch, and you have an excellent fall pumpkin recipe.
- Pumpkin Bread
With these pumpkin recipes, you will never be out of quality ideas for your fall event. These ideas are sure to keep your fall event menus fun and seasonal at the same time, making for a great fall themed event every time. If you need anything to help you with your pumpkin recipes and fall event catering, you will always find a great deal at Caterer’s Warehouse!
Oftentimes, marrying couples opt for something different and untraditional for their wedding receptions. For those who want something a bit more unique for their reception, there are many wedding trends emerging these days that offer a fresh, fun approach to wedding receptions. These can often allow the couples to make their reception more personal and memorable for their guests. If you are trying to plan something a bit untraditional, consider the following unique wedding reception ideas for your next reception.
- Luxury Reception Lounge – Offer a break area for your guests during your wedding reception in a close yet somewhat secluded area from the main reception hall. This area will allow guests to step away from the main ceremony for a breath of fresh air, while still being close enough to be able to catch the rest of the festivities. You can get creative with this area, making it very luxurious and plush.
- Wedding Reception Ushers – In addition to having ushers help guide your guests during the wedding ceremony, you can also have wedding reception ushers as well! This will definitely add a nice touch of class to your wedding reception and leave a nice impression on your guests.
- Table Games – Use your creativity and come up with fun table activities to help your guests socialize and get to know each other better. These can also become valuable to the couple afterwards as well. For example, try leaving a book on each table and ask each guest to write a message for them to read on their first anniversary. This can make for some great nostalgic moments when their first anniversary comes around.
- Tiny Bite Size Foods – Another fun trend these days at weddings are the use of miniature sized foods. These are great ideas for appetizers or side dishes, and will add some fun and familiarity with these tiny bite sized foods.
- Food and Ice Cream Trucks – A culinary trend these days is the emergence of food trucks. Food trucks often bring new and different cuisines and ideas to the table, so this can be a fun and interesting way to spice up your menu. If a food truck is a bit too casual for your wedding, you can consider having an ice cream truck or dessert truck for the end of the ceremony when things are more casual.
- Family Style Meals – Another twist to the wedding reception dinner is the serving of the food as family style. This can help your guests continue to socialize with each other and instill a stronger sense of community and friendship amongst your guests. This can also be easier for food preparation, as you are required to prepare fewer dishes.
- Meals Made-To-Order – An interesting option you can provide for your guests are also food kiosks where chefs cook your meal to your request. You can lay out the ingredients for your guests and allow them to pick and choose what ingredients they want in their meal and hand it to a chef who prepares it how you want it. This guarantees every guest gets a meal they enjoy, and also creates a new, fun dynamic to your wedding reception.
Keep these catering tips in mind, and you will become more versatile as a wedding caterer. Not only will you be well versed in catering for the traditional wedding, but the untraditional as well. If you need any wedding supplies to help your next wedding reception to go smoothly, you can always find the best prices with the best selection at Caterer’s Warehouse!
First impressions are always important no matter what the situation, and this is no different when catering. Since appetizers are always among the first things to be served to your guests, it is very important you have quality appetizer ideas for all of your events. Even though they are not the main course, when even the small details for your event surpass expectations, lasting impressions are made. This is why its imperative that you come prepared with not only your best ideas for your entrees, but also catering appetizers. Here are some general guidelines to always keep in mind for appetizers ideas that will always work.
- What Kind of Appetizers? – Much of your decision making for your appetizer ideas will come from the kind of appetizers you will be making. Your appetizers cannot just be a random collection of ideas; instead they, along with the rest of your menu, should be one cohesive culinary experience. Make sure that your appetizers all flow nicely with the rest of your catering.
- Listen To Your Budget – One of the most important factors that you need to keep into consideration when preparing your appetizers for parties is your budget. If your budget is small, you do not want to spend too much on your appetizers and have little left for the rest of the meal. Be sure you are realistic with what you can do with the budget you have.
- Consistent Cuisine – When coming up with the appetizer ideas and recipes, be sure you keep the textures and flavors consistent with the rest of the menu. This is important to keep a consistent experience throughout the entire meal. For example, you do not want to serve a hot and hearty wintertime appetizer during a light summertime meal.
- Appropriate for the Ocassion – It is also important to remember what kind of party you are catering for. What is the ocassion? What will the layout be like? Will it be buffet style? All of these questions and more will factor into what kinds of appetizers will be best to prepare for your event.
- Cater to the Right Crowd – It is equally important to keep in mind who you are catering to. Keep in mind the type of people your guests will be and create appetizer ideas that will be appropriate for your crowd. For example, you do not want to prepare appetizers with meat for a gathering of vegetarians. If there are children involved, you may also want to make your appetizers child friendly as well.
- Local Ingredients – It always is a positive to your catering efforts when you use and support local ingredients for your cooking. This can also be a great way to add a local touch to your menu as well, using flavors native to the area in your cooking.
- Flavors of the Season – Similarly to using local ingredients, you could also try using ingredients that are currently in season. This way, you can have appetizers full of flavors that are not only in season, but also native to the local area you are in. This will add a very nice personal touch to the wedding menu.
- Creative Presentation – Once you have the right appetizer ideas in mind, you want to be sure they are presented appropriately. Shape your appetizers to look like something related to the ocassion, or make your appetizers tiny versions of food we are familiar with. Being creative with your presentation will not only give your appetizers more appeal to your guests, but it will leave the positive first impression that you are looking for.
Stay in line with these gudelines for your appetizers for parties, and you will always have great appetizers. If you need help preparing your appetizers and need some new catering supplies to make your ideas a reality, check out Caterer’s Warehouse now!
With Halloween right around the corner, you must be ready for a steady stream of Halloween related requests for Halloween themed events. With the large number of these coming all at once, its important to be prepared with many Halloween recipes in your repertoire.Afterall, the food is always the highlight of any gathering, and with the creative and fun nature of Halloween, the possibilities are nearly endless when it comes to ideas for recipes and your food presentation. Here are some of our favorite recipes that we found around the web that we thought our readers will enjoy!
- Wicked Witch Cupcakes
- Chocolate Halloween Bark
- Meringue Bones
- Frankenstein Brownies
- Severed Fingers
- Oreo Cakester Bat and Spider Pops
- Battenburg Cake and Ghoulish Green Punch
- Chocolate Mummy Cupcakes
- Candy Corn Cookie Dough Pretzel Bites
- Stabbed Cupcakes
These unique and creative Halloween recipes will surely make your Halloween party a memorable one this year. If you need to restock on any extra party supplies before the Halloween rush hits, be sure to check out Caterer’s Warehouse for all of your catering supply needs!
The Fall season is a great time to use your creativity for your tabletops and centerpieces. Using local and seasonal flora and decor, it can be a very fun challenge to create a beautiful, unique Fall tabletop. The Fall season is a time when many summertime crops are being harvested before the winter time, so the selection of Fall foods and vegetation is very diverse. This makes the Fall season a very unique season to cater for, allowing for endless possibilities for your events. You can use this diversity to create a beautiful and unique Fall tabletop and centerpiece for your events. Here are some of the most popular Fall tabletop and centerpiece ideas that you can use for your inspiration.
- Autumn Mixture Centerpice – Autumn is known for its foliage and seasonal crops and vegetation. Put together a melange of various fall related items that come naturally with the season. For example, try mixing in pine cones, indian corn, colored leaves, branches and twigs, etc. into a centerpiece display for a fall twist!
- Branches with Foliage – Because the weather is so deeply intertwined with the fall season, using the changing colors of fall foliage are a good way to reflect the changing of the seasons. Try using a display of branches with leaves that have changed color to give your centerpice a fall season feel.
- Gourds as Vases – If you need something to use as a display, similar to a vase, try using a gourd instead. Gourds are grown this time of year and are extremely popular and abundant, making it very suitable for fall decor.
- Color Coordinate – As always, keep your colors coordinated throughout your display. Be sure to use colors that are fall related, which tend to be earthier shades of brown to red, oranges and yellows.
- Pumpkins! – What vegetable is more popular during the fall season than pumpkins? These fun and versatile vegetables can be used for many different things during the fall. You can use them for food or even decoration. Be sure to use plenty of pumpkins to give your event that feeling of fall.
- Fall Table Runners – For your table runners, try using something more fall specific. It could be shaped as a leaf or an acorn for example, so it still fits in with the fall theme and color scheme, while still being functional as a table runner.
- Indian Corn and Wheat – Another beautiful pair that goes great for fall tabletops and centerpieces is indian corn and wheat. When placing these together creatively, you can have one of the simplest yet beautiful fall centerpiece ideas made very quickly!
- Feathers as Decor – Turkeys are oftentimes associated with the fall because of Thanksgiving, so the use of feathers can add a lot to the presentation as well. Since these are a bit different than using your typical foliage, pumpkins, indian corn, etc. it can also really stand out to your guests because of its unique nature.
- Fall Flowers – Flowers are never a bad choice for any tabletop or centerpiece idea. Be sure to use seasonal and local fall flowers for your centerpices. Also, be sure to use the right variety of colors that go well with the rest of your color scheme. Typically, flowers during the fall will be darker, richer and earthier tones.
- Pumpkin Trees – Another option is to create a pumpkin tree, which is a very unique and fun idea as a fall centerpiece idea. To do this, you can prop some branches up on a stand for the pumpkin tree, and tie a loop of string around some small pumpkins. Then hang these pumpkins on the branches, creating the pumpkin tree.
Using these catering tips, you can be sure to have a beautiful Fall tabletop and centerpiece every time. Now that you have the knowledge, be sure you also have the supplies! Find all the catering supplies you need and more at Caterer’s Warehouse!
Now that Fall is officially upon us, the weather will quickly be changing and before you know it, Halloween will be here. Halloween is a special holiday for many across the country, from children to adult alike. Because of this, it is important to be prepared to cater to all kinds of parties and events. Since it’s a fun holiday that spans a wide demographic, you have a huge array of choices and possibilities for your events. Because of this, its also important to enjoy the process and be creative and courageous with it as well. Here are some catering tips to help get you on the right track with your next Halloween Party.
- Think About Your Crowd – Since Halloween is enjoyed by children and adults alike, you must first know the general demographics of your guests. If your guests are going to be younger children, your party will be very different from one geared towards young adults. This detail alone with tell you much about what kind of event you need to create.
- Dress for the Occasion – If the Halloween party is going to involve costumes, make sure your staff dresses up in a costume as well. While it is not necessary, it will add a fun and unexpected twist to your catering which many of your guests will enjoy and appreciate. Likewise, if the event does not involve costumes, be sure not dress up, as it will be equally awkward for your guests.
- Create an Ambience – Halloween parties are often based around a horror theme and are scary in nature. Be sure to decorate appropriately, using traditional Halloween icons like spiders, spider webs, ghosts, and pumpkins for example. Using fog machines and playing the right music can also help create the appropriate ambience as well.
- Serve Fun Foods and Drinks – When preparing and presenting your food and drink at your Halloween parties, try to make them Halloween themed as well. Making food to resemble things like worms, spiders, body parts, blood, etc. can also add to the fun and theme of the event.
- Serve Alcohol – If the guests are catered towards the older crowd, be sure to provide alcoholic drinks for your guests as well. This is also another outlet for you to be creative with the Halloween theme. Try creating new drinks or renaming drinks to fall into the Halloween theme too.
- Have Other Activities – Depending on the space and situation, it may be a great idea to provide some extra activities as well. Some examples may include a fortune teller, pumpkin carving, or face painting. These can add a whole other kind of fun and entertainment for your guests, that would normally be unusual for any other situation.
- Stay On Theme – No matter you decide to add to your Halloween party, be sure to stay consistent with the scary Halloween theme. Keep things dark and scary, but fun. While staying on theme is very important, be sure this doesn’t compromise the quality of the catering as well. While staying on theme, be sure the food is still delicious and the service is still top notch.
If you follow these general catering tips, you should have no serious problems catering your next Halloween party. However, even the best planning alone is not enough to cater a party without great quality catering supplies. If you need any Halloween catering supplies, you can find them and more at Caterer’s Warehouse!