Weddings are always changing and evolving with the times, so it is important that you stay on top of the latest seasonal trends. It is always a smart idea to stick to tried and true techniques that work, but this is not the best way to set yourself apart from the rest. It is equally important to take some risks and try something new and different and see how things play out. Every year, different catering trends arise, especially trends that are seasonal. Be sure you are on top this winter’s wedding trends so you can be ahead of the competition!
- Winter Style Bouquets – You can be free to be creative here with your choice of winter flowers. However, it is always nice to use flowers that are known to be winter favorites. Maybe most importantly, use flowers that display winter colors, including deep greens, whites, and reds. This can include amaryllis, holly, thistle, and pine.
- Bold Wedding Invitations – This winter, be a little bolder with your wedding invitations. It is becoming increasingly popular to make winter wedding invitations very formal, giving your invitation a very bold look to achieve this. This style will also allow for a very clear, straight forward, elegant, and clean look to your wedding invitations, which will eliminate confusion.
- Classic, Vintage Decor – Another trend this winter is the use of vintage decor. Make your wedding feel like one from the 1920’s, or any era of your liking for that matter. With the use of appropriate vintage decor, you can make your wedding have a very classic vibe and appeal to it. This can be both fun and interesting for you and your guests, making things different and exciting.
- Gems and Crystals – To spruce up your presentation this winter, try adding some sparkle to your decor with the use of crystals and gemstones. These will shine and glimmer in the light, mimicking snow reflecting the sunlight. If gems or crystals are not available, try using anything that is metallic silver or gold, as they can also reflect shimmering light.
- The Right Winter Music – Visual appeal and delicious menus are always a must have for any event, but do not overlook the importance of good music this winter. The appropriate music can be a very powerful tool to spark emotion and movement in a crowd. Be sure to have a great playlist or DJ that can set the mood you are looking for with a great music selection.
- High Ceiling Venues – Due to the winter weather, most winter wedding receptions will be held indoors. If this is the case with your wedding, try to find a venue that has a high ceiling. This is growing in popularity and is especially becoming a trend this winter, as it allows for an indoor wedding to feel larger and more grandiose. This may not be the first thing your guests notice, but it will definitely make a huge difference in their impression.
Keep these winter wedding trends in mind this season when planning for your events. These trends could be what makes your event more memorable than others, setting yourself apart from the rest. If you ever need any catering supplies to make your winter wedding ideas come true, remember to check out Caterer’s Warehouse!
Winter will soon be upon us, which means there will soon be many weddings looking for a winter theme. Not only do you have to have the decor and ambience right to make your guests feel like its winter, but you also have to be sure that it tastes like winter as well. It is equally as important to be sure that your menu also reflects the season accurately, using local, seasonal ingredients for hot and hearty dishes. Here are a few of the most recent winter wedding menu trends that you can use for inspiration for your next winter inspired wedding.
- Mini Portions for Cocktail Hour – The theme of this trend is variety. During cocktail hour, offering miniature portions of hearty, winter time favorites can have a great response with your guests. Try offering tiny portions of mac and cheese, or a bite size portion of hearty beef stew. These mini portions should allow you to get creative and make a wide variety of different dishes during cocktail hour, offering your guests a multitude of different flavors, while satisfying their craving for warm and hearty foods during this cold winter season.
- Soups AND Salads – Instead of the choice between the soup or salad before your meal, try something different and offer both. Try finding tableware that can accomodate both soups and salads on a single plate, and prepare and present the soup and salad as a single dish. This allows your menu offering to be more seamless and complete, which your guests will definitely appreciate. Don’t forget to keep both your soups and salads hearty for the winter, using ingredients like nuts, berries, apples, pears, and cheeses.
- Many Main Entrees – Going back to the theme for cocktail hour, a popular trend for main entrees is also about variety. Try preparing many different kinds of flavors for your entrees in bite size, miniature portions. But this time, set these apart from your cocktail hour offerings, make these offerings more contemporary and gourmet. Use the finest and freshest local and seasonal ingredients, but be sure you prepare many different kinds of entrees to choose from!
- All Vegetarian Entrees – You must always provide a vegetarian option for the vegetarians guests who may be at your event. However, sometimes an all vegetarian menu can be just as delicious and can keep things simpler for the caterer. There are many options and recipes these days for making hearty, all vegetarian dishes that are delicious and nutritious as well. Put your skills to the test and impress your guests with a delicious all vegetarian menu for your winter wedding menu.
- Sweets to Take Home – Don’t let your guests leave empty handed, be sure they leave with some sweets for the road. Offer a wide variety of candies and chocolates, and get creative with the presentation as well. Try color coordinating the candies you choose to match the color scheme of your decor for another nice touch. You can also try offering hot cocoa powder and marshmallows in jars, so your guests can continue to enjoy the winter as they go home with this popular winter time drink.
Keep on top of these winter wedding menu trends and your guests will definitely appreciate the attention to detail. These details will also set yourself apart from the rest! If you ever need any wedding supplies to make your idea a reality, you can find them all at Caterer’s Warehouse!
With the winter season just around the corner, it is important to have a good grasp on your winter party ideas. As soon as Thanksgiving is over this week, the vibe and energy of winter will quickly take over and before you know it, you will be packing up your fall related party supplies and getting ready for the winter. Be sure that you are ready for this sudden change and be well prepared with some great, creative winter party ideas for your clients. We have put together a list of some of our favorite winter party ideas that can help make your party feel a bit more seasonal than the rest.
- Add Shimmer and Sparkles – The winter time is always associated with sparkling white snow. The addition of a glittery, shimmery effect will definitely add a winter feel to your event’s decor. Add this effect to a white background for a great effect that mimics snow in the sunlight!
- Color Theme: Plaid – There is something very warm and homely about the plaid pattern. Because of this, it fits very well with decor in the winter, as it signifies warmth in a time of harsh weather and provokes similar emotions. Try using plaid wherever you can with your winter decor if you are looking to have that vibe to your event.
- Serve Drinks In Ornaments – For a creative twist on your drinks, try serving them in a hollow christmas ornament. This is a fun and creative way to add a touch of winter to something that would normally be overlooked!
- Color Theme: Blue and White – White is a very appropriate color to use during the winter time, as it mimics the snow and actual color of the outdoors during the winter season. Together with blue, this color combination becomes very icy and frozen looking, which can be perfect for a winter inspired event.
- Pinecones and Berries – A great way to add some color to your presentation along with a touch of the outdoors is to use pinecones and berries as decorations. Both pinecones and berries are heavily associated with winter, and both are beautiful together and add a lot to a winter presentation.
- Use Candle Light – If bright lights aren’t necessary, consider the use of candle light. Candles are not only associated with the cold winter season, but they also add a sense of warmth and community amongst your guests. These can be invaluable to creating the ambience that you are looking for.
- Tree Bark Decor – Another great way to add the look and feel of the outdoors at your event is to use real tree bark as decor. White birch is often a great choice, as it naturally has a white and brown color to it which fits in well with any snowy setting.
With these winter wedding ideas, your weddings will definitely not be lacking in style and creativity. Keep these ideas on hand in case you find yourself in a tight spot this winter season, and be sure your winter weddings are always on point. If you need any wedding supplies to prepare for this upcoming season, don’t forget to check out Caterer’s Warehouse!
The fall is a season full of new and exciting spices, flavors, and foods. With this season of abundance comes great opportunity to create a great fall inspired menu. Sometimes, it can become overwhelming when there are too many options and things to choose from, especially when you already have a ton of other things to keep track during this busy holiday season. That’s why we came up with a few of our favorite fun and creative fall inspired desserts that are sure to be a hit during any fall party. Consider these fall dessert recipes for your next fall themed event!
- Candy Corn Fudge – Combining 2 fall favorites, candy corn, and fudge, we get this delicious candy corn fudge! This is a brilliant combination that brings savory and sweet together with perfection. This is sure to be a hit among even the pickiest of tastes.
- Acorn Chocolate Cookie Treats – This is a very easy and simple treat to make using popular candies and cookies most are already familiar with. With a little creativity, you can really create a unique dessert whose presentation alone can add tons to your fall dinner menu.
- Homemade Apple Chips – There are very few foods that are as synonymous with fall as apples. Instead of doing something too fancy and creating something completely new with the apples, try serving the apples with very little modification, like these apple chips. This is a great way to really feature the flavor of the apple, the highlight of this dish.
- S’mores Cupcakes – Another delicious, fun and very popular fall inspired dessert are s’mores. Present this favorite flavor a little bit differently in the form of these s’mores cupcakes. This will bring the hearty and savory nature of the cupcakes together with the delicious flavor of s’mores, making for a sure favorite dessert.
- Reese’s Pieces Peanut Butter Bars – Another hearty and savory flavor that always makes a comeback during the fall season is peanut butter. Try using everyone’s favorite Reese’s Pieces candy to create this flavorful peanut butter bar dessert for your next fall event.
- Caramel Apples – It doesn’t get more classic and traditional than a candy apple during the fall season. Be sure that your candy apple is among the best out there, with this classic caramel apple recipe.
- Mini Pumpkins – Another fun and creative treat that is simple and easy to create yet extremely effective are these mini pumpkin treats. These are made with popular candies most are familiar with, assembled in a way that is creative and fun, adding a lot to your presentation.
With these creative fall dessert ideas, your party menu will definitely be a little bit more fun! Use these ideas as inspiration to spruce up your next fall inspired menu. If you need any catering supplies to bring your ideas to fruition, you can always find a great deal at Caterer’s Warehouse
There is no question that the turkey is always the center of attention at every Thanksgiving dinner. However, this does not mean that the other aspects of the meal can be neglected. This is especially true for Thanksgiving desserts. If the Thanksgiving turkey was delicious, it is important that your desserts are equally as delicious and impressive, as you do not want to let them down after an excellent entree. End your Thanksgiving dinner strong with a strong showing of Thanksgiving desserts! Here are some of our favorite ideas that you can use for inspiration this Thanksgiving season.
- Crustless Cheesecake with Cranberry Sauce – Start off your dessert selection with an all-time favorite: cheesecake! This recipe calls for less crust and more cheese, with a topping of cranberry sauce for that classic Thanksgiving twist!
- Caramel Apple Cake – Another hearty, satisfying option for your Thanksgiving dessert menu is this caramel apple cake. This cake incorporates 2 favorite flavors for the fall; caramel and apple, making this dessert fit right into any Thanksgiving meal.
- Thanksgiving Turkey Cupcakes – These adorable cupcakes involve a little more creativity and preparation than the others, but it will have a great outcome. Present these cupcakes using a variety of popular fall inspired treats to be in the shape of a turkey. This fun and creative dessert is not only interesting, but also delicious!
- Pear and Apple Cobbler – For a something a bit lighter, try this pear and apple cobbler. Focusing primarily on highlighting 2 delicious and in-season fruits, pear and apple, this sweet dessert will be very satisfying after any Thanksgiving meal.
- Fruit and Almond Country-Style Tart – Similarly to the pear and apple cobbler, this fruit and almond country-style tart will be another sweet and fruity dish for your guests. The combination of various seasonal fruits with the almonds make for a hearty, satisfying dessert for any Thanksgiving dinner.
- Marshmallow Pilgrim Hats – For something very light, fun, and casual, try these marshmallow pilgrim hats. These are simple, but very fun and can add much to a presentation. Since these are marshmallows, they are very light which may be a good for guests who are already very full.
- Pumpkin Pie-sicles – Who doesn’t want ice cream for dessert? While this isn’t quite ice cream, its pretty close and pretty impressive for what it is! Instead of pumpkin pie this year, try making these pumpkin pie-sicles. Your guests will definitely appreciate a cold dessert option as well, so it is good to come well prepared.
Be sure to finish your Thanksgiving strong with a great variety of delicious desserts. We are confident that these Thanksgiving dessert ideas will be great for any Thanksgiving dinner. If you ever need any catering supplies or party supplies for your Thanksgiving parties this year, be sure to check out Caterer’s Warehouse for the best deals and best selection anywhere!
With Thanksgiving nearly upon us, its important to be able to provide a full, well-rounded Thanksgiving menu for all of your events. Too often, all of the emphasis is put on the main entrees of the Thanksgiving dinner, while the appetizers get overlooked. While it makes sense in terms of a prioritization point of view, it is really important to have your entire experience well thought out and of your highest quality. This means having an impressive lineup of hearty, fall inspired Thanksgiving appetizers, to compliment the rest of your meal. Here are some of our favorite Thanksgiving appetizer recipes that you can keep on hand for your menu this season.
- Parmesan Crusted Baked Zucchini Sticks with Marinara Sauce – These baked zucchini sticks are reminiscent of many unhealthier, deep fried counterparts. Crust them with parmesan and serve with marinara sauce for a truly fall inspired and flavored appetizer.
- Tangy Red-Pepper-and-Nut Dip – To add a unique and lively flavor to your appetizer menu, try this tangy dip! It is rich with spices and different ingredients, offering a wide variety of flavors in every bite. This recipe is sure to spruce up your Thanksgiving appetizers.
- Pumpkin Dip – There is nothing more festive during the fall and Thanksgiving than pumpkins. Try making this hearty and delicious pumpkin dip for chips, bread, veggies, and more for your meals this Thanksgiving. To take it even further, serve the pumpkin dip inside of a hollowed out pumpkin!
- Artichoke Bread – One of everybody’s favorite appetizers in the fall is spinach and artichoke dip. This hot and hearty dip satisfies many cravings during the fall season and is always a sure hit. Instead of making the dip separate, try something new and bake the dip right onto the bread itself!
- Goat Cheese Stuffed Roasted Figs – For a truly unique and rustic flavor for the fall, take fresh roasted figs and stuff them with goat cheese. This classic pairing of sweet and salty with the heartiness and warmth from the roasting and the cheese make this a fall favorite!
- Apples on Horseback – For a similar flavor effect as the goat cheese stuffed roasted figs, these apples on horseback are also a great appetizer. They include apples in cheese and pancetta, providing the sweet, salty, and savory, all in one bite.
- Spanakopita – Another more untraditional dish that also fits right at home in Thanksgiving menus is spanakopita. This traditionally Greek dish serves spinach and feta cheese in a flaky crust, satisfying the heartiness that everyone craves during this fall season.
- Hazelnut Profiteroles with Blue Cheese and Grapes – This popular pastry is often associated with dessert, but this simple twist can easily adapt it to fit perfectly with your Thanksgiving appetizers. Try stuffing these with blue cheese and grapes with a side of hazelnut accents. This hearty appetizer is sure to satisfy all of your guests fall cravings, and have them looking for more!
Keep these appetizer ideas on hand and you can be sure to always have a great selection to choose from every Thanksgiving. If you need any catering or party supplies to help outfit any of your events, you can find them all at a great price at Caterer’s Warehouse!
With Thanksgiving fast approaching, it is important to be at a comfortable position when it comes to planning your Thanksgiving themed events. Planning events can become quite overwhelming when you need to account for every single little detail that is involved. Oftentimes, these details can subconsciously do a lot for your event, and in many ways can be what makes the difference between a good event and a great one. One of the most important of these details is your Thanksgiving decorations. The use of excellent Thanksgiving decorations will definitely add a fine touch to your event that can set your events apart from everyone else’s. Here are some of our favorite ideas for Thanksgiving decorations for this year.
- Use Ripe Fruit – Oftentimes when using nature for decorations, the first thing people think of are flowers. The fall season and Thanksgiving holiday is a time of harvest, so it is appropriate that instead of using flowers, using ripe fruit is more fitting. Don’t be afraid to bring in ripe apples, melons, gourds, and more from the outside to use creatively and tastefully as decor for your events.
- Keep Nature Natural – A great tip for using natural Thanksgiving decor is to keep things as natural as possible. Nature has its own natural beauty, and oftentimes the hardest creative work is already done for you. Just find the perfect way to present an already perfect creation that nature has created during this fall season.
- Acorn Candles – One of our favorite ideas to spruce up each individual tablesetting is the use of acorn candles. Try finding hollow acorn caps and filling them with wax and a wick to use as personal candles at your wedding table.
- Serve Food in a Fresh Gourd – Use your creativity to figure out what kinds of foods can be served in a hollowed out gourd. It may beappetizers such as cheeze or olives, or maybe it can be used to cradle certain sauces or soups. Whatever it is, a gourd can be an extremely useful and festive tool to use for your Thanksgiving events.
- Re-Use Old Charger Plates – If you have some old, unused charger plates lying around, put them to good use and use them as decoration. There are countless amounts of things you can use charger plates for. One of our favorite ideas is to write menus on the charger plates, or use them to label dishes in a buffet setting.
- Use Fall Foliage Creatively – Fall leaves can be some of the most defining aspects about the fall and Thanksgiving season, so it is only appropriate to use them in your Thanksgiving decorations as well. Try using a single whole leaf as a name card for your guests, or use fall foliage instead of rose petals wherever appropriate.
- Gild Fruit and Pine Cones – Try finding pine cones, small pumpkins, or anything else Thanksgiving related and gild it with a nice gold coating. These can be a great way to add extra glamour and liveliness to your overall presentation.
Keep these Thanksgiving decorations in your arsenal for this year’s Thanksgiving events. With these ideas ready to be executed, you will never have to worry about finding something worthy for your events. If you ever need anything to help you get any of your events off the ground, you can always find the best deals on catering supplies at Caterer’s Warehouse!
When it comes to planning the menu for Thanksgiving dinner, things can become pretty overwhelming. With the fall season in full swing, there are endless amounts of new foods, flavors and spices that can be used and are in season and will look great on your menu. Here are some of our favorite recipes that will be great to spice up your menu this Thanksgiving.
- Roasted Turkey with Achiote Citrus Marinade – If you’re looking for something different from your traditional, mundane turkey recipe, try this one out this year. This recipe calls for a tangy, citrus marinade which is sure to add a surprising twist for your guests.
- Roasted Cranberry Sauce – This recipe for roasted cranberry sauce adds to the texture of your traditional cranberry sauce offerings. The roasted cranberries will also allow for a more robust flavor in your cranberries as well, making for a perfect addition to any Thanksgiving meal.
- Spiced Cranberry Sauce with Orange and Star Anise – If you are looking for a cranberry sauce that is a bit more different in flavor, try this spiced cranberry sauce recipe. This recipe features orange and star anise flavoring, adding new dimensions of taste to your cranberry sauce and your menu.
- Rustic Garlic Mashed Potatoes – Mashed potatoes are a must have and a favorite for many. You will not disappoint with this rustic garlic mashed potato recipe. This recipe will give you the rich creamy texture and flavor that everyone comes to expect from mashed potatoes. This will never fail to satisfy your guests!
- Golden Macaroni and Cheese – With the fall upon us, people are craving something warm, rich, and hearty for their meals. This macaroni and cheese recipe is sure to satisfy all of those cravings. Macaroni and cheese is also a favorite amongst many and pair perfectly with any Thanksgiving meal.
- Cornbread Dressing – Cornbread is also a staple for any fall menu, especially during the Thanksgiving tradition. This cornbread dressing recipe will give your menu the cornbread that everyone craves in a unique fashion.
- Old Fashioned Bread Stuffing – While this stuffing recipe may be old fashioned, it is far from outdated or irrelevant. This stuffing recipe is sure to make a delicious, hearty and satisfying side to any Thanksgiving meal.
- Apple, Bacon and Onion Stuffing Muffins – If you are looking for a more creative and fun way to serve staple fall and Thanksgiving flavors to your guests, try these stuffing muffins! Featuring apple, bacon and onion, these muffins will give you the full flavor of the fall, while still being delicious and in the Thanksgiving tradition.
Keep these Thanksgiving recipes on hand this holiday season and you will never run out of ideas. If you ever need any catering supplies to create your Thanksgiving recipes, look no further than Caterer’s Warehouse for a great deal, every day!
Thanksgiving is a fun and joyous time of year. For many, it is a time for family get-togethers and celebrations. With such an important holiday around the corner, it is important as a caterer to have many Thanksgiving related ideas at hand and ready to be executed. With the influx of Thanksgiving releated requests soon to come, it is important to be prepared with the best thanksgiving party ideas and themes for your events!
- Use Nature for Decor – Instead of searching for and wide for a supplier that has the perfect Thanksgiving related decor, just step outside and use your creativity! Collect a huge variety of Thanksgiving related things that are great decorative additions to any Thanksgiving party. Consider using apples, pinecones, pumpkins, gourds, branches, berries, leaves, wheat, and more!
- Design A Kid’s Table – A theme in today’s Thanksgiving parties is designing a separate, smaller table for kids. While kids have different tastes and requirements at the table, it only makes sense to separate them from the main table where it is easier to cater to their requirements. This makes it easier on the hosts, the guests, and the caterer!
- Label Your Dishes – If you are doing a buffet or family style dinner, try using fun labels to identify and describe your dishes. This can also be a great creative way to inform your guests of any ingredients that can trigger food allergies that they should be aware of.
- Design Post-Meal Activities – Too often during Thanksgiving parties, the festivities begin to wind down after the meal is complete. The “food coma” begins to kick in, and the party begins to lose its excitement. To prevent this, and keep your party alive and moving, design post-meal games or activities for your guests. This can keep them engaged and active throughout the night, even after the meal.
- Prepare Take-Out Boxes – For those that could not eat as much as they would have hoped, provide take out boxes for your guests! This will allow everyone to bring home a bit of the Thanksgiving party with them, and enjoy the leftovers the next day as well.
- “Thankful For…” Theme – To keep everyone in the Thanksgiving spirit and to remind your guests about the meaning of Thanksgiving, keep a theme of things that you are thankful for throughout the party. This will instill a sense of thanksgiving and community amongst your guests and add an emotional side to your event.
- Focus on Warmth – Another excellent idea for your Thanksgiving party is to use the theme of warmth. In this time of changing seasons, the weather is quickly becoming colder as the winter is ushered in. Warmth becomes very important to our every day life, so more fires are lit and meals are more hearty and rich. Use lots of candles and fires wherever you can, and be sure to beef up the menu to include hearty soups and rich entrees.
Keep these Thanksgiving party ideas and themes handy this season. They can prove to be very valuable when you need something unique to set your events apart from the competition. If you need any supplies to help you successfully execute your ideas, you can find them all at Caterer’s Warehouse!
The fall season is a very fun and dynamic time for any caterer. With the weather suddenly changing, there comes many changes in flavors, foods, and activities as well. For the caterer, it becomes a great opportunity to capture the changing times and reflect them in their events. With the colder, harsher weather comes a need for warmer, heartier foods and richer flavors. The variety of crops available from recent harvests also provide for more diverse flavor options as well. In addition, both Halloween and Thanksgiving are in the fall, allowing for an even more dynamic season. Take advantage of the diversity of options you have during this unique season, and make sure your fall party ideas are always fun and exciting.
- Take it Outdoors – One of the most beautiful things about the fall season is the outdoor beauty. The fall season is a time of stunning outdoor visuals with the foliage changing colors, so it may be a great idea to take your event outdoors. This will allow your guests to fully take in and appreciate the beauty of the fall season. Be sure to choose a pleasant day for this, however, as fall can also be a time of unpredictable weather.
- Apple Picking – A fun and popular tradition in the fall is to go apple picking. Apples are a very popular fruit that is abundant during the fall, and has in many respects become synonymous with the season. Apple picking is a great way to go outdoors enjoy the fall weather, while also enjoying the fruits of the season. You can even use these apples to make a variety of fall recipes, like apple pie, or apple cider.
- Pumpkin Harvests – Similar to apples, pumpkins are also extremely popular during the fall season. If apples are not your thing, consider visiting a farm for a pumpkin harvest instead. Here you can pick out your own pumpkins to take home as well. Use them for your fall recipes, or use them for decoration as well!
- Explore Seasonal Wines – If you are a wine lover, the fall is also a great time to explore wines. There are many wineries that will show you the process of how they harvest their crops during the fall and process them to produce wine as well. You can then taste the wine that this produces, and take some home for yourself as well.
- Back to School – One of the biggest events that occur during the fall in the United States is the back to school rush in September. Public schools are typically back in session by early September, so the fall is the season when kids are just starting their school year. A back to school party theme could be a hit if your guests are students.
- Football Theme – The fall season is also synonymous with the start of football season. A football themed party is always fun to have, and the best part is that you can have a football party multiple times a week!
- Camp Fires – If you are having an event that goes involves the outdoors and goes into the night, consider having a camp fire. Camp fires are a great way for your guests to socialize and bond with each other in a uniquely fall outdoor setting. You can also provide certain camp fire snacks like hotdogs or marshmallows.
Using these fall party ideas will surely keep your fall parties fresh, while being great entertainment for your guests. Be sure you have all of the necessary party supplies when planning your next fall party, so you don’t run into any problems. If you need to restock on any kind of catering supplies, you can find everything you need and more at Caterer’s Warehouse!