The spring season is a beautiful time to celebrate a wedding. With the beauty that nature brings this time of year, it leaves much opportunity for your events to reflect that same beauty. This beauty can be reflected in many ways throughout your event. With the spring season comes warmer weather and the blossoming of new life, both of which are themes that can be easily integrated into your decor. The same can be said for your food offerings as well. Here are some of our favorite and most effective ideas for spring time events that will surely bring your event alive with the spirit of spring.
- Colors – Spring is a great time for any wedding, and one of the main reasons for this is the blossoming of new life. As the weather gets warmer, plants and flowers of all colors begin to sprout and blossom, displaying an awesome array of color throughout nature. Take advantage of this wealth of color and incorporate it into your wedding. Try lighter, softer tones like pastels, or anything from pink, blue, green, purple, orange, and yellow. Combining a bolder tone with a softer pastel color may also work out great for your spring theme. Try bringing in fresh flowers and other greenery for a more realistic display!
- Flowers – Seasonal spring flowers play right into any spring color scheme. There are many different flowers to choose from that are great representatives for the spring season and feel. Try daffodils, lilacs, tulips, hyacinths, and peonies to start. But feel free to use your creativity here and pair different kinds of plants and flowers to compliment your overall theme. The natural beauty, colors, and smells of these flowers will surely immerse your guests into a springtime ambience.
- Favors – Springtime wedding favors can go in many directions, but if you are aiming for a spring theme and feel, it is important to give something that reflects the season well. Since spring time is a reflection of new life, consider giving flower seeds, birdseeds, or event small young plants your guests can take home. The possibilities here are endless, and may also change depending on the bride and groom, etc. Keep your mind open but remember to stay within the theme of spring time and new life.
- Appetizers – Fresh food is the key term when it comes to preparing appropriate spring time appetizers. Take a break from the warm, hearty and heavy flavors and textures of the winter and try something lighter and fresher for the spring season. This can start with fresh greens, mushrooms, and fruits with some exotic spices to give it a unique kick and flair to surprise your guests. Oftentimes, vegetarian options can work great for springtime appetizers. The preparation of different styles of eggs can also be appropriate for a spring time appetizer. Try poached eggs or egg souffles to go along with your fresh fruits and veggies.
- Entrees – Similar to the appetizers, try to forgo the heartier, heavier flavors and textures that work great in the winter. Instead, try incorporating lighter and fresher foods for your entrees. Try taking wedding staples such as fish or chicken and give them the spring treatment with some spring inspired flavors. Use fresh aromatic herbs like rosemary or mint, and even tangy, citrus based marinades can add a light and delicious zest to your entrees. It always helps to use local, seasonal ingredients too, so your guests can experience the true spring flavors of the area you are in.
- Desserts – The great thing about desserts is that you can never go wrong no matter what you serve, since nothing is ever truly “out of season!” However, you can always give your desserts a touch of spring by using lots of fresh fruits in many different ways. This can be as simple as serving a fruit cocktail, or go as far as offering a hearty cheesecake dressed in a blanket of assorted berries. Don’t be afraid to continue with the citrus theme in your desserts as well, to add a light tanginess that will be a delight to your guests this spring season.
Keep these ideas in mind when planning for your spring wedding and reception, and you will be able to create a solid spring theme for your wedding. The combination of these elements will surely bring the lively spirit of spring to any event or celebration!
To bring any of your spring themed ideas to life, make sure you have the appropriate catering supplies and decor on hand. You can find the best deals on a huge selection of catering supplies and more essentials at Caterer’s Warehouse !
With St. Patrick’s Day right around the corner, do you have everything ready to cater an amazing party? St. Patrick’s Day is a very popular holiday throughout the country, and poses a large opportunity for caterers, restaurants, event planners, bar owners, and more. It is a fun holiday that encourages people to socialize, eat, and drink during the celebrations. With such tremendous popularity, it would be a mistake not to invest much time and effort into your St. Patrick’s Day plans. Here are some tips and ideas on how to spruce up your St. Patrick’s Day plans!
- Know Your History – St. Patrick’s Day is a holiday that has a rich and deep cultural history behind it. This is something that is oftentimes overlooked and taken for granted during holiday celebrations. Many of those who celebrate St. Patrick’s Day may not understand the real history behind it. While your guests may not be interested in a lecture on Irish history, there are still fun and creative ways that you can incorporate some of the rich history behind this holiday into your events. This could be something that your guests will appreciate, should you choose to go this route, and also can be something to set you apart from the rest.
- Cultural Food and Drink – With the deep, rich cultural history behind this holiday, it is only appropriate to celebrate with food and drink from the same culture. In honor of the Irish origins of the holiday, any and all types of Irish cuisine in any form will fit well. You can try the tried and true traditional Irish dishes of corned beef, cabbage, potatoes, beef stews, and shepherd’s pie. In addition, you can even alter your current menu to add some Irish flair to each dish. Drinks are more than likely be a large part of your planning as well. Irish drinks like Guiness, Irish coffees, or Irish whiskey are always staples. Or, similarly to the food, you can add an Irish flair to current drinks you offer. Some add dye to their beers and mixed drinks to make them green. Use your creativity here!
- Irish Colors and Decor – When decorating for St. Patrick’s Day, it only makes sense to use colors that honor the Irish. It can also be a time to begin celebrating the changing of the weather as well, from the winter into spring. This obviously means lots of green, but can also include combinations of white, orange, and gold, and even some softer pastel colors to represent the springtime. This color scheme can translate everywhere throughout your event, from the decor to the food to your staffs clothing. Using fresh grasses and other flora can also help contribute to the color scheme while also introducing a freshness that is reminscent of the transition into the spring season.
- Take Advantage of Other Events – St. Patrick’s Day is a very popular holiday throughout the country, so chances are there are already planned events and celebrations near you in your local city. Depending on your particular situation, taking advantage of the crowds from these events can be very beneficial. If you are going to be situated near a gathering place for the local city parade, consider going down there to promote your business. Given your situation, the possibilities here can be endless, so use your creativity here as well!
- Stand Out From the Crowd – Sometimes, the popularity of St. Patrick’s Day can also mean that you have more competition. This can be an unforseen challenge for you and your business. Because of this, it is always important to go the extra mile to make yourself stand out from the crowd. These can include live entertainment, interactive stations, or raffles and giveaways. Another often overlooked asset to any St. Patrick’s Day celebration is the security. Given the nature of the holiday, there may be a higher risk of security issues during the event. Whether it be belligerent drunks or guests getting sick, it can be a very good idea to have sufficient security presence at your event, just in case something was to turn sour.
Try these ideas out for new inspiration on how to make your St. Patrick’s Day events that much better. If you ever need any of the supplies needed to make anything happen, be sure to check out Caterer’s Warehouse, your source for catering supplies!
Food stations are quickly becoming a big trend in food service and catering. Break away from tradition and make your next event stand out with a creative and interactive food station for your guests! These are great alternatives to employing traditional servers, and buffet style layouts. Food stations will not only differentiate your event from others, but it will also give your guests an opportunity to socialize and interact with each other, the staff, and the food as well. This also allows your guests to pick and choose how they want their food prepared and served, which will leave everyone happy. Here are some of our favorite food station ideas that we love.
- Appetizer – Appetizers are by definition a great fit for foodstations.Oftentimes, appetizers are already set up this way, whether it be aveggie or fruit plate with dips and sauces. But with a little creativity, this can be taken a step further, allowing for further customization and interaction among your guests. Using the trend of smaller, miniature sized portions will work great here as well. A couple of our favorite ideas include a salad bar, a build your own nachos food station, or a cheese, fruit, and wine pairing station.
- Main Course – Unlike the appetizers, the main course needs to be in bigger portions. Because of this, preparing a main course food station may require a bit more planning, but there is so much flexibility with the main course that your possibilities are endless. You can prepare a main course food station for anything from gourmet grilled cheese sandwiches to an asian inspired rice bowl. Some of our favorite ideas include a raw seafood bar including a variety of sushi, a build your own sliders station, a taco bar, and a baked potato food station. Don’t be afraid to use your creativity and do something different. When done right, your guests will really appreciate the unexpected choices!
- Dessert – Desserts are also a great fit for this style of food service. Desserts are often in smaller portions, making it easier to build a plate with a variety of options. Candy food stations were always popular and could be seen as a precursor to this food station craze. Try building your own candy station for your guests. Some other great food station ideas that we love include a s’mores station, a build your own ice cream or yogurt station, a cotton candy machine, and even a coffee or espresso bar.
Give your next event a unique flair and use these creative food station ideas for your next event. These ideas will add a new and fun social element to food service at your next event. If you need any catering supplies to help you turn any of these ideas into reality, you can find everything you need at Caterer’s Warehouse!
Wedding food can prove to be one of the more costly items when planning a wedding. Whether money is an factor or not, it is always important to cut costs wherever possible. This way, you are not spending excessively in areas that are unnecessary, so you can allocate that money to areas that need it. Too often, inefficient ways of spending money on wedding food becomes the biggest area where money is being spent unnecessarily. When you focus on listening to your guests and their needs and spending your money smarter and in the right places, you will find you can get the results you are looking for at a fraction of the cost it normally would. Here are some of our favorite ways to identify and address different ways to save money on wedding food!
- Local Seasonal Ingredients – Wherever possible, try sourcing ingredients that are local and in season. These are usually cheaper, as they do not have to be imported or transported very far to reach their destination. This is also a great way to support local farmers and sustainable farming methods, which your guests will appreciate.
- Use Local University Facilities – When using the space of a university or college, they will typcially already have sufficient facilities for you to do everything you need for your reception. Additionally, they will also have on hand a knowledgeable and usually very affordable staff that you can use for your events. This may be a great way to save on costs and find useful labor to help you along the way.
- Hire Culinary Students – Culinary students can oftentimes be a great cost saving option for your events as well. Students are much cheaper to hire and are often very enthusiastic about their work as they are still trying to establish themselves in the culinary world. Hiring culinary students can save you money, help up and coming chefs and caterers, and yield some amazing results at the same time.
- Hold the Reception at a Restaurant – Restaurants may be a great option for a venue if you’re trying to save money. Restaurants are convenient options because all of the food will be in one central location. This will eliminate the need to transport food from a kitchen to the venue. In addition, restaurants typically already have the infrastructure in place to serve a large amount of guests at one time.
- Fruit Infused Water – Instead of offering a wide variety of drinks that can be a hassle, try offering different fruit infused waters instead. These are much cheaper, simpler, and oftentimes more refreshing for your guests as well.
- Supply Your Own Alcohol – Instead of hiring an entire staff to provide and serve your alcohol during the event, consider supplying your own alcohol and means of serving to your guests. Buying your own alcohol in bulk will be much cheaper, and you can hire caterers to serve the alcohol throughout the night.
- Serve Comfort Foods – Instead of only providing fancy, expensive options, try a menu featuring some comfort foods. These are often less expensive, but just as desireable and delicious to your guests. Try barbecue, sliders, french fries, and more!
Using these tips, you can start saving some money on your wedding food costs. This may prove to be very useful when you can have some left over money to allocate elsewhere, where it may be needed more. If you realize there are any catering supplies or equipment that you will need to plan your wedding, you can always shop at Caterer’s Warehouse at any time of the day!
Birthday parties are always popping up throughout the year, so its important to be well prepared at all times. Be prepared for any birthday party with these simple but often overlooked catering tips and ideas that will make your event stand out. We have come up with 7 of our favorite and most useful birthday party catering tips to make the big day even more special.
- Keep Your Menu Staggered – When serving your many dishes, try to bring them out one at a time. Start with something light and easy to eat to get your guests started. Then gradually bring out foods that are heavier and heartier, with palate cleaners and drink refills in between.
- Have Fun With the Theme – If you have a theme for your birthday party, get creative and have fun with it! Try looking up playful and creative ways to display or make your foods while sticking to the overall theme of the party. These will surely impress your guests and add to the overall splendor of the event.
- Spread the Food Out – Throughout the event, try placing food in multiple locations throughout the event. This may be a better option than just leaving all the food on the dining table, as this encourages more movement and allows everybody to have access to something.
- Plenty of Trash Cans – Things can get messy, so its important to make it easy for your guests to clean up. Get many trash cans and distribute them evenly throughout the event. This will prevent any of the trash cans from becoming too full too fast, which will also make it easier for your guests to discard of their garbage.
- Encourage Cleanliness – This goes hand in hand with having plenty of trash cans around. In addition to this simple rule to keeping things clean, you could also encourage cleanliness by having abundant paper towels and napkins around at all times. If necessary, wet napkins may also be a good option for your guests, and
- Pillows On the Floor – Instead of providing the typical chairs for your guests to sit and relax in, try placing large pillows on the floor, if your venue allows. This will create additional seating areas for your guests, even if you run out of chairs to use. They will also create a more relaxed, casual environment for your party as well, adding to the overall ambience.
- Coasters and Place Mats – Leaving drink coasters and place mats for food is always a good idea. Doing this defines where each tabletop setting should be, and where your guests can expect to eat. These will also protect your table from harmful scratches, moisture, and spills!
By knowing these easily overlooked birthday party catering tips, you can be sure to have a party that will be free of any major hiccups. Be sure you keep these tips handy for your next birthday party! If you ever need any catering supplies to help make your party a reality, you can always find these and more at Caterer’s Warehouse
It isn’t always easy to prepare for an upcoming winter wedding. Sometimes, there just aren’t the resources or the time to pull some great ideas off. Other times, you just don’t have enough great, fresh ideas to use. Since you have control over that, its important to make sure you always have new ideas at all times. Here are some of our favorite and most popular winter wedding trends for this season!
- Wintery Venues – The challenge with winter is bringing the beauty of the season indoors without having to battle the elements. With certain venues, this becomes increasingly possible and easier and to pull off. Try finding ways you can give access to a balcony with a nice view of a wintery landscape, while keeping space heaters nearby to keep a comfortable temperature.
- Feathers and Capes – A rising trend in this winter’s wedding fashion trends include the use of feathers and capes. You can try using feathers of all kinds in the bridal gown, hair, veils, centerpieces, and even bouquets. Capes can also be a unique and elegant way to add flair to the wedding dress. Try using a material like velvet or fur for added luxury and class!
- Bold, Earthy Color Tones – As winter is a season of bold temperatures and weather patterns, try matching this with bold, loud and earthy color tones. Try different shades of red and orange in conjunction with greens, browns, grays, blacks, and whites. The red and orange shades are very bold and daring, and will scream on top of the soft, subtle earthy tones.
- Small, Savory Foods – Winter is a time for hearty, savory, warm foods and flavors. Try preparing smaller portions of many different kinds of popular winter dishes. Comfort foods are often great choices for these criteria. Things like mac and cheese, biscuits and gravy, or a chicken pot pie are always hits with any crowd.
- Embellished Bouquets – To go along with the bold color themes, it is also a great idea to go bold with your flower bouquets. It is becoming a popular trend to embellish the flower bouque using gemstones, feathers, crystals, and other extravagant decorations to spruce it up.
- Bold Invitations – Wedding invitations can be a great way to set the mood and theme for your wedding as well. Going along great with the bold nature of the other winter wedding trends, the use of bold wedding invitations are also a must. Try sticking with the bold color themes, and use large, clean, bold text to get your message across.
Try some of these winter wedding trends this season to ensure your wedding is a unique one! These will also help you stay at the cutting edge when it comes to wedding planning and wedding catering. If you ever need any catering supplies for your winter wedding, you can always find the best deals at Caterer’s Warehouse!
With the Christmas season in full swing, it is important to have a good idea on how to cater a great Christmas party. With the chaos of the holiday season, it can be easy to overlook the most popular catering trends in the industry. Staying on top these, however, can prove to be the difference maker between you and your competition. Be sure you are in tune with these popular Christmas catering tips and trends for 2013!
- Farm To Table – In the spirit of being green, farm to table foods are becoming even more popular this Christmas season. This promotes sustainability and support for local farmers. This is a great way to not only support your local community, but also keep your menu true to the local flavors and time of year.
- Traditional Decor – While in recent years, more contemporary and unorthodox celebrations were commonplace, this season a step back to the traditional is starting to make its way back into popularity. Stick to the traditional decor items like pine cones, wreaths, bows, holly, and mistletoe, for example.
- Interactive Meal Courses – Instead of having a course plated and served to every guest, try experimenting with tasting stations, where your guests are encouraged to get up and try different stations they are interested in. This will allow them to have better control over what they eat, and also promote socializing among your guests as well. This could especially work great with appetizers and desserts.
- Different Seafood Dishes – Instead of the common beef, chicken, or fish, try some more exotic seafood options. Things like lobster, crab, sea urchin, shrimp, oysters, etc. can add a very elegant twist to your menu.
- Pop Some Champagne – What celebration is complete without some champagne? While wine, liquor, and other drinks may also be appropriate for this occasion, nothing quite says it like some quality champagne for your guests.
- Fireplaces – Where possible, the use of a real fire for both heat and ambient light is a great idea at any Christmas event. This adds the much needed warmth from the cold for your guests, but will also add an unmatched ambience and feeling of community amongst your guests, which can prove to be very memorable.
Using these tips, you can be sure to have a christmas party that is sure to entertain. Staying on top of these trends will also set you apart from the rest! If you ever need any catering supplies for your next Christmas event, you will love your experience at Caterer’s Warehouse!
Setting a table properly and with efficiency and speed can be a very valuable skill. Things can get very hectic when you are running against the clock and cannot afford mistakes or miscommunications. Because of this, it can be a big help to have certain things prepared and planned beforehand. We have put together a list of some table setting tips that can help you prepare yourself for some of these situations as well.
- Prep Your Tabletop Supplies Before – Be sure to have all of your plates, bowls, utensils, etc. to be cleaned, stacked in one place and ready to go for the next day. This way you can have everything you need in the same place and ready to be used, preventing further confusion.
- Set Flowers Early – To get the best presentation from flowers, it is important to have them set up where they need to be as soon as possible. This will give the flowers time to bloom and open up as they wont be disturbed. This will make for a fuller and more beautiful flower display.
- Simple Centerpieces – A nice centerpiece does not have to be very elaborate and complex. Sometimes, the best centerpieces are the simplest ones. Simple centerpieces also tend to be quicker and easier to handle, causing for even less confusion and chances for things to go wrong. It would be greatly beneficial if you could keep it simple while still having a great centerpiece.
- Plan for Candlelight – If you are planning on using candles for your event, be sure you have enough candles and holders and that they are all gathered in the same place and ready to be set up. This way, all you will need to do is place them and light them.
- Have a Side Buffet – If you find yourself having to make constant trips to and from the kitchen serving drinks, it may be a smart idea to set up a small side buffet table. This way, you can set up beverage dispensers so your guests can get drinks on their own. You can also leave extra plates and utensils on the table as well for your guests to pick up, or for your servers to have close on hand throughout the event.
- No Tablecloth – A tablecloth adds a nice touch to your presentation, but you can have an impressive presentation without the tablecloth as well. This will keep things simple, while ultimately saving time and hassle. Try using fashionable and stylish placemats instead, for a simpler and easier to handle presentation.
With these table setting tips, you will be able to have a much smoother experience when table setting during crunch time. If you ever need any tabletop supplies for your next event, you will find the best deals and customer service at Caterer’s Warehouse
A winter wedding is not always easy or inexpensive to plan. Especially during the colder winter months, more energy is required to provide sufficient heat and lighting for your guests. During summer months, on the other hand, it is possible to have wedding costs drastically reduced due to differences in weather. Because of this, it is important to be mindful of your carbon footprint when planning a winter wedding, and how you can make your winter wedding more green without any sacrifices in the quality of the experience. Here are 5 green winter wedding trends that may inspire you for your wedding planning this season.
- Decorate With Ice – When used creatively, ice can be a very beautiful decorative tool. It is also very simple and cheap to make! Ice is becoming very popular to use in decorations in winter weddings, and for good reason. Try molding your ice in different ways to achieve the effect you’re looking for. Try playing with the effect light has on ice as well, for an even more interesting twist.
- Use Natural Decor – There is no better way to display the natural beauty of winter than by using nature itself. Try going outside and gathering branches, twigs, berries, wood, leaves, pine cones, and other things. Use your creativity to make something that is presentable with these natural obejcts!
- Be Carbon Neutral – Another green winter wedding trend is ensuring that your wedding is carbon neutral through carbon offsets. These will ensure that emissions of green house gases will be reduced elsewhere to offset the gases that were emitted for your wedding.
- Fruit Wedding Cake Frosting – A popular trend for wedding cakes these days is the elimination of plastic wedding cake toppers and the use of more elaborate wedding cake frostings. Using a variety of local and seasonal fruits, you can really make your wedding cake green and sustainable!
- Vintage Wedding Themes – This winter, the vintage, 1920’s style wedding theme is showing growing signs of popularity as well. This can also be a fun and effective idea for a green wedding. Everything, from the venues, to the decor, to the fashion can all be something re-used from the past, reducing the need for more waste. In addition to this, a theme will add more fun and style to your wedding!
With these green winter wedding trends, you can be sure to have a very green winter wedding without any sacrifices or compromises. If you need any wedding or catering supplies to make your wedding a reality, remember to shop Caterer’s Warehouse first for the best deals, selection and customer service!
Sometimes winter weddings can be tricky to plan for. There aren’t as many weddings during the winter than other times of year, so it can be easy to lose sight of what is expected for a wedding during the winter time. Don’t let a simple mistake turn into a disaster, so be sure that you have all of the finer details accounted for. Here are some winter wedding tips that can really help shape the look and feel of your wedding.
- Keep it Cozy – With the sun setting earlier, and the colder weather settling in, winter is the season to get cozy. You can continue with this theme through the use of candle light, and warm and soft colors and textures for your decor. A fireplace would add a nice touch, and serving hot, rich drinks like hot chocolate or eggnog are also a great addition.
- Temperature Control – The winter is a time when you may need to be especially conscious about temperature control. Be sure that your cermeony is warm enough indoors to relieve your guests from cold. If feasible, try providing heat lamps outdoors to give your guests a break from the cold wherever possible as well. Be mindful that it doesn’t get too hot indoors, however.
- Color Crazy – You can’t go wrong with the traditional color schemes that are often associated with the winter season. However, there are no rules against doing something totally against the grain, and maybe that is something that works for you and your client. Consider using bright, vibrant colors for a summer time beach theme, or lighter, pastel colors for a spring time feel, for example.
- Guest Favors – Be gracious for your guests, and don’t let them go home empty handed from your event! Try providing special favors and gifts like food, snacks, or small crafts related to the couple.
- Indoor Receiving Line – Oftentimes, receiving lines can become quite long and create a line of guests out the door, waiting for their turn. Be sure to prevent having your guests wait outdoors for too long; bring your receiving line indoors. This way, your guests will not have to worry about getting stuck outside in the cold.
Use these winter wedding tips at your next wedding to bring your catering to the next level. Your wedding guests will also appreciate the attention to detail! If you need any catering or wedding supplies, be sure to check out Caterer’s Warehouse for all of your catering supply needs!