With football season quickly approaching, its important to have some good ideas for a great tailgate party. Football has always been one of this nation’s favorite pastimes and with the celebration of football comes lots of food and drink! During football season, tailgate parties happen nearly every week, so it is very important to have a game plan when trying to hold tailgate parties regularly. There are certain tips to keep in mind that will make running your tailgate parties easier. Here are some that we believe can help you have a great tailgating season:
- Pack and Prepare Early – There’s a lot more to be done than you may sometimes think! Be sure to start planning days ahead and start the physical preparation at least a couple days prior to your tailgate party. This allows you plenty of time to get things prepared before the party, but also allows you a cushion in case you forget things, or the unexpected emergency happens. Preparing things as ready-to-go as possible will save a lot of time and hassle at the party as well. For example, do all your skewering and marinating of meats beforehand so they are ready to go straight on the grill. You can also pack and shape your hamburger patties beforehand, and chop up the lettuce, tomatoes and onions for it too. These are all steps that can be done at home beforehand, so you can actually enjoy the party instead of doing prep work all day.
- Maximize Cooler Space – One thing that is at a premium during tailgating parties is space. Because there are so many things to bring to a tailgate party, it’s best to pack as light and efficient as possible, while not sacrificing productibility. One of the best ways to do this is to maximize the amount of space in your coolers. One way to do this is to use frozen bottles of water in place of ice cubes, to keep your contents cool. The frozen bottles of water will still stay cold long enough to keep the rest of the contents cool. Plus, once the water bottles melt, you will have cold water ready to drink!
- Arrive Early – If you are going to set up your tailgate party at a location where you claim your space on a first come first serve basis, then it would be wise to arrive to the location early to claim the best area of land. Even if you do not get the biggest or most spacious area, it is still important to understand the environment you will be working in early, so you have more time to plan. Setting up early will also allow your guests more time to celebrate if they so choose!
- Focus On Finger Foods – At most tailgate parties, there will not be a lot of sitting down at a table. Table space will be very limited, so it would be best to serve foods that are easy to eat and quickly accessible, like any finger foods. Hamburgers and hot dogs are always a staple, but you can also try meat skewers, or different kinds of wraps or sandwiches. Your guests will appreciate how easily accessible these foods will be, allowing them to fully enjoy the party.
- Keep the Menu Varied – Being a bit different can be a good way to stand out from the rest. Try keeping the menu varied by serving something a bit untraditional for your tailgate party. Give yourself more serving options by exploring new ideas. This will eventually be a great way to have a menu that will literally have something for everyone! Apart from the traditional hamburgers, hot dogs, chicken, and sausages, you can try cooking ribs, lamb, ham or even fish as well. Offering a homemade side dish or drink would also be a great way to add variation to your menu.
- Balloon Markers – If you end up in a sea of other cars, it may be a smart idea to attach a floating balloon to your vehicle to mark your area from the sky. This balloon will float high above your settlement, acting as a marker for your guests that may be approaching from afar. It may also be a good idea to use a balloon that looks unique and stands out from the rest. This way, it will be a lot easier for your guests to see where you are located when they are still far away and looking for you.
- Pack a First Aid Kit – Sometimes, accidents happen and someone may get a minor injury. Since you may be outdoors and nowhere near any medical facilities, it would be smart to bring a first aid kit just in case. This way, if there is a minor injury that occurs, you will be able to treat it on the spot instead of having to leave the area in search of treatment.
- Dirty Dish Container – Be sure to bring an extra empty container that you can put all of your dirty dishes and utensils in. Even if you are only using disposable dinnerware and flatware, and maybe even disposable chafers too, you will more than likely at least have dirty utensils that need to be properly stored and transported back home with you. Oftentimes it isn’t easy to wash anything outdoors at a tailgate party, and you don’t want to pack dirty, used utensils with all of your clean stuff. It would be a great idea to bring an empty container or bag that you can place all of your dirty dishes and utensils in, where you can wash them at home.
- Strategically Place Your Grill – Once you are ready to start grilling, don’t overlook the positioning of the grill. The grill can get very hot, so its important to keep it tucked away from high traffic areas. However, it should also be easily accessible with plenty of space around it, so people can smoothly walk up to the grill to get their food and walk away. It is also important to be mindful of the wind when placing your grill. If the wind is blowing all of your smoke back into your party and your guests, it may be a good idea to put your grill somewhere else!
- Use Festive Decor – While it’s great to have excellent food and service, its also great to look good while doing it! Be sure to use appropriate decor for your party. You can put up the team logo throughout different areas of your event, and also keep the color scheme in line with the teams colors. You can wear jerseys and team colors throughout the event as well, to add to the festive theme. These will be great ways to promote team spirit among your guests!
With these ideas, you can be sure you will always have a fun and unique experience with your next tailgate party. If you need any catering supplies to make your next tailgate party a reality, you can always find the best deals at Caterer’s Warehouse!
When serving a large amount of guests, you need catering supplies that handle a large capacity. One piece of equipment that is a must have for any caterer is a chafing dish. Chafing dishes come in all different shapes, sizes, capacities and styles, so its important to find one that fits your needs best. One thing that is true about all chafing dishes is that they will always serve a large amount of people and keep your food warm, so they are an absolute necessity when serving a large number of guests. Here’s a detailed explanation of all of the different types and options when it comes to chafing dishes!
- Chafing Dish Shapes – Chafing dishes come in many different shapes. The best shape for you will depend largely on what you will be using it for. Oftentimes, the type of food you will be serving will play a big part in what kind of chafing dish will work best for your application. Some chafing dishes are long but shallow, while some are shorter yet deeper. Deeper chafing dishes are often best used when serving soups, stews, and other foods with similar consistency that may be easiest to scoop out with a spoon. Shallower chafing dishes will be best for serving more solid foods, and the added length of these style chafers will allow for a larger capacity. In addition to the functionality, the shape of your chafing dish can also add to the style and presentation of your event. Some chafers come in a very standard and traditional round or square shape design. You can try adding some style to your presentation and go with an oblong or oval shape, or something even more unorthodox!
- Capacity and Size – In addition the shape of your chafing dish, you also need to be mindful of the capacity. The more guests that you plan on serving, the larger the capacity of your chafing dish should be. If the size is too small, you run the risk of having to constantly refill the chafing dish with new food. If it is too large, you may be preparing more than you need. However, it is always better to be on the safe side and go bigger when in doubt.
- Materials and Price – Chafing dishes come in a variety of different materials, qualities, and price points. Depending on what your needs are for your event, you can be sure to find something that will work for you in both function and price. This way, you won’t get stuck paying for something extra that you don’t need, or even worse, paying for something that is insufficient, even if the price is cheaper. You can choose from chafing dishes made from a variety of materials like stainless steel, silver-plated steel, copper, and aluminum. Oftentimes, these also come in a variety of different finishes, including gold, brass, chrome, matte, and more. With such a wide variety of materials, chafers can vary in price as well. If you are looking for an inexpensive option that takes functionality over looks, look into a simple aluminum chafer. If you are looking for something durable and equally as beautiful, consider something like a chrome finished stainless steel chafing dish with gold accents. The amount of options available make finding the perfect chafing dish for your event that much easier.
- Type of Lid – There are a few types of lids available on most chafing dishes, each with their own strengths and weaknesses. You can choose from removable lids, hinged lids, or roll top lids. Removable lids are the simplest and allow you to keep the lids completely off and out of the way while displaying your food. Hinged lids allow you to lift the lid easier, while keeping the lid closed when on display. Many hinged lid chafers have locking mechanisms so you can keep the hinged lid open instead of closed. Roll top lids are another choice, and is similar to the hinged lid except the lid rolls from one side to the other side, instead of lifting upwards. With this design, you don’t have to hold the lid open while you access your food. With these options, you should definitely be able to find a type of lid that will work for your event.
- Heating Source – The heating source is also a very important option to keep in mind when searching for the right chafing dish. You can choose from sterno fuel heaters, electric heaters, or induction heaters. Sterno fuel heaters are relatively cheaper and will work anywhere, but may have difficulty in windy outdoor conditions. Electric heaters and induction heaters are also other great options. These often have additional features such as temperature adjustability, but they will always require a nearby power source. The pros and cons of these different heating sources is very important when considering the right chafing dish for your event.
Now that we went over the breakdown of all of the different types of chafing dishes that are available, you can be sure to find one that suits your specific needs. With all the different options that are out there on the market today, it is easy to get quickly overwhelmed and confused. Keep this breakdown handy next time you are in the market for some new catering supplies so you can quickly identify the best type of chafing dish for your next event!
If you are in the market for chafing dish, browse the extensive selection at Caterer’s Warehouse for some of the best chafing dishes available!
Melamine dinnerware is the perfect choice for many caterers. Melamine dinnerware features many of the best traits of different dinnerware materials and blends them together beautifully in a versatile finished product. The options are endless when it comes to melamine dinnerware, so you can be sure to find something that works perfectly for you and your event. Oftentimes when choosing between china, porcelain, stone, clay, and other materials, you won’t be able to find the right dinnerware that fits all of your criteria. Because of the versatility of melamine, chances are there is a melamine dinnerware set that fits your needs perfectly. Here are our top 8 reasons why melamine dinnerware is a worthwhile investment.
- Endless Variety – Melamine is a type of plastic material, which makes it possible to create an endless amount of colors, styles, patterns and designs when it comes to your dinnerware. This can be very useful, as it may be difficult or even impossible to find some of these designs in chinaware and other materials. This can open new doors for your presentation, as it provides many more options for you to choose from when building your tabletop. You can find something for any theme or occasion!
- Melamine is “Unbreakable” – Melamine can withstand a lot of punishment, and nearly any scenario that can occur in the kitchen or at the table should be easy for the melamine to handle. It’s shatter-proof design makes it extremely tough and hard to break, so it should be able to withstand accidental drops, stacking, transport, and more without you having to worry much about it. It is also scratch resistant, so it will not accumulate lots of scratch marks from forks and knives very easily. Ultimately, this will save you money, as it is a lot more durable and will last longer than china, porcelain, or glass!
- A Low Price Option – Compared to china, porcelain, glass, metals, and other dinnerware materials, melamine is extremely affordable. The cheaper price will allow you to purchase more if you need them. Plus, when you consider the lifespan of the melamine dinnerware and compare it to the cost of constantly replacing new chinaware, glassware, etc., the savings cannot be beat!
- Beautiful and Elegant Looks – There are many types of melamine dinnerware that closely resemble china or porcelain dinnerware. The versatility of melamine allows for an endless amount of colors, designs, and patterns that will mimic ceramic style dinnerware perfectly. This means that if you ever want to use melamine dinnerware for your tabletop, you do not have to sacrifice looks!
- Always the Perfect Temperature – Melamine also boasts very useful insulation properties when dealing with hot or cold foods. Melamine stays cool to the touch when serving hot foods, which can be a blessing for your servers. This may also reduce the chances of an accident occurring. In addition, melamine is also a great insulator for the cold, so when serving cold dishes the melamine will keep the dishes cool.
- Food Safe Material – When it comes to plastics, many people are concerned with the health risks associated with certain types of plastics. After some scientific studies, it was found that melamine is a safe material when serving food under 160 degrees Fahrenheit. So you can rest assured that your melamine dinnerware is not posing any health risks to you or your guests. However, because of its temperature limit, it is important to note
that melamine is not microwave or oven safe!
- Dishwasher Safe – Because of melamine’s durability, melamine dinnerware is also safe for use in the dishwasher. This eliminates another possible inconvenience, as you do not have to worry about hand washing every piece yourself. This makes cleaning melamine dinnerware quick and efficient, which can save you money and stress in the long term as well.
Consider melamine dinnerware and these 8 reasons when you are in the market for some new dinnerware collections. These make melamine dinnerware very versatile and able to adapt to any circumstance and event. These will always be a useful addition to your arsenal!
If you are interested in purchasing some melamine dinnerware, you can browse through our extensive selection here!
Summertime brings in hot weather, humidity, and the need for cool, refreshing food and drink. It is always a good idea to keep fare light during this season, as heavier, heartier foods can often be too intense for the draining summer heat. Fresh vegetables and fruits are always a great option, and adding the tangy zest of citrus fruits and serving them cold can also work out great when preparing your summer party recipes. However, keeping the same old recipes around every summer can get boring and make your parties and events stale and dull. Are you keeping your menus updated with new, fresh ideas for the summer? Here are 8 of our favorite summer party recipe ideas that are sure to be hits with your guests when your summer party comes around!
- Shrimp Salad – Stuffed Endive – Shrimp is a great choice of protein for the summertime, as it can be served cold and refreshing, and as an appetizer or an entree. This recipe is a great example! Try making a shrimp salad, complete with herbs, spices and even lemon zest to keep the flavor refreshing. You can either prepare this shrimp salad as a side dish for your entrees, or you can try serving smaller portions as appetizers. Serve the salad with fresh endive leaves, giving this dish a refreshing summertime feel to it!
- Crab Cocktail Americana – Similar to shrimp, crab can be an excellent summertime choice as well. If you prefer crab over shrimp, or even if crab is a more economical choice, you can try using this crab cocktail recipe instead of the shrimp salad. Or even better – try serving both! This recipe aims to accomplish a very similar goal as the above shrimp salad, but with a slightly different twist. Serve it cold and refreshing as either a side dish to go along with your entrees or serve it as a delicious appetizer beforehand!
- Green Goddess Veggie Dip – Fresh is the key word for the summertime, especially when it comes to fruits and veggies! A must have staple for any summertime party is fresh veggies and dip! This delicious veggie dip recipe is perfect for the summer, and includes the wonderful combination of flavors like zesty lemon, garlic, parsley and tarragon to go along with the heartier sour cream and mayonnaise base. Pair this dip with a fresh assortment of vegetables, and don’t be afraid to be creative with it! Definitely serve the typical carrots, celery, and peppers, but try serving cucumbers, soy beans, snap peas, and more!
- Lemon Parsley Popcorn – What better snack for a casual, fun party then popcorn? Everyone loves popcorn and the light and airiness of the snack makes it addictive and a joy to eat. It’s generally plain taste also makes popcorn extremely versatile as it can be a blank slate for any flavor you choose! Sticking with the lemon trend for the summertime, consider this lemon parsley popcorn recipe! This popcorn flavor is unique and will catch your guests by surprise, straying away from the traditional butter, cheese, or caramel flavored popcorn. Mix together lemon zest, parsley, butter and salt and add to your popcorn for a delicious flavor! Quick, simple, and easy too!
- Greek Salad Skewers – One of the most refreshing and light dishes you can serve during the summertime is a fresh Greek salad. Oftentimes at parties, however, sitting down with a salad plate isn’t always an option. Depending on the setting, sometimes your guests are up and about and it is more appropriate to have finger foods, and foods that are more convenient to eat while standing up, walking around and mingling. If that is the case with your party, try serving Greek salad bites on skewers! This recipe calls for a simple yet effective appetizer that will be perfect for this kind of party setting. The mixture of fresh vegetables, feta cheese, and a drizzle of olive oil all on an easy to eat skewer will prove to perfect for your guests!
- Summer Fruit Salad – Nothing says summer quite like the sweetness and juiciness of fresh fruit. It goes without question that a good summer fruit salad is in order for any good summertime party. But don’t make your fruit salad just like everyone else’s, try this unique take on a fruit salad with this recipe! This recipe attempts to blend savory flavors with the sweet flavors of fresh fruit. Mix together some fresh fruit favorites like grapes, strawberries, watermelon, and more, but try mixing it with some hearty avocado, and add some ginger, arugula, and green onions to give it a great contrasting flavor!
- Baileys Irish Cream Fruit Dip – This unique and creative take on dips are sure to be a pleasant surprise for your guests. Instead of a vegetable dip, try serving a dip to pair with all kinds of fresh fruits! However, instead of using the hearty, savory base used for veggies, like sour cream, cream cheese, and mayonnaise, use a mixture of vanilla pudding, whipped cream, milk, and some Baileys Irish Cream for the final touch! This dip will prove to be lighter and sweeter than most other dips you are used to, and will go great pairing with fresh sliced apples, pears, and even a slice of pound cake on the side!
- Party Pepperoncini – The zesty sourness of lemon and the sweet succulence of fresh fruits and vegetables are always a great choice of flavor combinations for the summertime, but spicy is one not to overlook! Because of this, we love the idea of incorporating pepperoncini to your dishes, as it is a light vegetable with bite, highlighting both sour and spicy flavors. Try pairing some cool, crispy pepperoncini with the salty, savory flavors of salami or prosciutto. You can even add a slice of swiss cheese for extra heartiness that will go great with the tangy spicy flavors. Drizzle lightly in olive oil, and you have a winner for any summer party!
Keep your summer party menu fresh and try these 8 ideas at your next summer party! These recipes are sure to be a hit among your guests and their unique and creative nature will definitely keep them satisfied and wanting more! If you need any catering supplies to help you make these a reality, you can always shop for them them online at Caterer’s Warehouse!
Now that the weather is nicer and warmer, holding weddings outdoors is becoming increasingly more popular this time of year. Who wouldn’t want to enjoy the great outdoors when the sun is shining and the weather is beautiful? Moving weddings outdoors brings a completely new and unique feeling to the event; something that cannot be achieved indoors. However, catering and planning weddings outdoors as opposed to indoors brings its own set of problems and new obstacles that must be taken into account. But fear not – while there are many new obstacles that come up from bringing things outside, there are equally as many solutions. Here are some of the solutions that we feel are important not to overlook when planning your outdoor wedding.
- Weatherproof As Much As Possible – Weather can be unpredictable, but do your best to prepare for the what is most likely going to happen. If its going to be really hot, try to bring in some industrial fans to provide a breeze (be mindful of how much noise this makes!). If it could possibly be windy or rainy, consider bringing in a tent for shelter, and even some wall panels of some sort to help act as a barrier to the elements. You can also provide flooring in case the ground is wet or uneven. If none of this is necessary, be sure to have some of these scenarios prepared for in case the worst happens.
- Prepare for Bugs – When you’re outdoors and it is hot, chances are you will be encountering pesky bugs. Among the worst and most annoying are mosquitoes. Be sure to prepare yourself for a mosquito attack! Keep citronella candles lit around the ceremony, or even consider providing your guests with bug spray to use at their convenience. This can be a very troublesome problem that can make a potentially great night turn into a horror story. Be sure to prepare for this one!
- Create a Cozy Atmosphere – Even though you will be outside, does not mean you cannot be comfortable! Bring the comfort and hospitality of the indoors to your outdoor event to create a very cozy atmosphere. Try bringing in plush cushions and lounge areas for your guests, and provide pillows for everyone to sit down on. Also be sure to decorate thoroughly, bringing in drapes, curtains, flowers, and more to add to the ambience and overall feel of the venue.
- Don’t Forget the Bathrooms – While staying away from the indoors may sound like a great idea this season, don’t forget that you will need to provide some bathroom accommodations for your guests as well. This is an easy one to overlook, but an obvious accommodation that cannot be overlooked. Try to find a place where bathrooms are easily accessible. Or, if this is not possible, you can always consider renting them. You do not have to rent cheap portable bathrooms either – there are luxurious portable bathrooms that are available as well, complete with music, temperature control, and other amenities. Be sure to have at least 1 bathroom per every 35 guests, to be sure the line for the bathroom never gets too long.
- Choose Appropriate Music – Music is a very important part of any ceremony. Try letting the outdoor setting and theme dictate what the best and most appropriate music will be. If you are by the beach, try playing music with a tropical, beachy vibe. If you are in a more woodsy area, consider something more folky and acoustic. You should also keep in mind the electrical demands for a sound system as well. If you do not have a reliable power source nearby, think about bringing a back up generator just in case.
- Provide Free Sandals – If you will be outdoors on the grass, especially during a hot day, it may be a good idea to provide some cheap sandals or flip flops for your guests. This way they can kick off their shoes and stay cool and relaxed during the outdoor ceremony. These will also encourage people to dance more and be more active on the dance floor! This is another small detail that can really change the dynamic of your outdoor wedding.
- Keep Hydrated – If your ceremony involves sitting in the sun for an extended period of time, you most definitely want to play it safe and provide plenty of water for your guests. Heat exhaustion and dehydration can be serious and it is smart not to take any chances with it. Keep beverage dispensers located throughout the venue so everybody has easy and quick access to water. You can also keep buckets filled with ice and water bottles scattered around the venue, so your guests will always have a cool drink nearby.
- Wedding Program Fans – Here’s another great way to beat the heat! Oftentimes when its hot, wedding programs will often be folded up and used as a fan in order to cool keep during the ceremony. Do your guests a favor and mount your wedding program onto a handle to create a wedding program fan! This is a cute and fun way to display and distribute your wedding programs, while having it also serve a double function. This is also an additional way to ensure your guests beat the heat and avoid heat exhaustion.
- Provide Sunscreen – Sitting out in the sun for long periods of time can also do a number on your skin, so its important to protect from the suns harmful rays as well. Sunscreen isn’t the first thing on everyone’s minds when it comes to wedding ceremonies, so it may be a good idea to provide some sunscreen for your guests in case they forget. This can save them a lot of hassle and pain after the fact!
- Mist the Flowers – If you are decorating with flowers, remember that flowers are living too, and also need extra care to prevent heat exhaustion. If left without any care in the sun, it is possible the flowers will start dying and wilting in the middle of the ceremony, making what was once a brilliant, lively display into one that looks droopy and sad. Make sure someone is regularly misting the flowers and keeping an eye on them, so they stay looking fresh throughout the ceremony.
If you are planning an outdoor wedding this year, make sure you do not forget these important details. While these details are small, they can make a big difference when done right. Also, oftentimes its the small details that make a wedding stand out from the rest. If you need any catering equipment or wedding supplies of any kind to help make your idea a reality, look no further than Caterer’s Warehouse for the best selection and best deals in the industry.
With Father’s Day quickly approaching, its important to be ready with some great ideas to make any father feel special. Father’s Day is right in the middle of the spring and summer seasons, so its the perfect warm weather occasion. What better way to enjoy the sunshine and outdoors with family and great food? It doesn’t have to end there either, there are endless options when it comes to entertaining dads and making them feel like a king for a day. Here are 8 of our favorite Father’s Day party ideas that you can use to make your Father’s Day party that much more unique and exciting!
- Hire a Photographer – Try capturing special moments throughout the day with the use of an event photographer. By hiring a third party to be the photographer, you can still capture every moment while still being a part of it. In addition, after the party is over, you will have some great mementos for the father and your guests! You can use these as gifts as well, which will make the perfect compliment to a great party.
- Invite a Professional Bartender – Any father will appreciate drinks on Father’s Day. Hire a professional bartender so your guests can enjoy a wide variety of custom made drinks all day long. Treat your father to drinks that he may not normally be able to try on a regular basis. This is not kid friendly but sure to be a lot of fun for your adult guests!
- Hire Live Music – Nothing rounds out a good outdoor party better than live music. Hire a band that can play some of your father’s favorite music, and keep them as good background and ambience throughout the party. You can also encourage guests to dance, and really control the overall energy of the party throughout the day.
- Hold an Open Mic – Try setting aside some time during all of the festivities to allow for an open mic for your guests to say a few words about their fathers. Encourage your guests to share stories, jokes, and other anecdotes about their father. Slideshows can be another great idea that can add a lot to this presentation. This is sure to give a personal touch to the event – something that will be appreciated and remembered for years to come.
- Grill, Grill, Grill! – What dad doesn’t love the taste of a rich smokey steak fresh off the grill? Be sure to find out what the father’s favorite meats are and prepare them for the grill for Father’s Day. Stock up on steaks, chicken, ribs and more so you can be sure you have enough to last the entire day. Make sure that the grilling is taken care of, so he isn’t doing any of the work!
- Decorate With Him in Mind – Instead of the same old, boring and generic decor, customize your party to reflect the father’s interests. Choose a theme, from a golf theme to a beach theme, and build around it. You can even set up stations of activities based around this theme, encourage more interaction among your guests. The options here are limitless, so be creative!
- Keep It Kid Friendly – Don’t forget, Father’s Day is not only a day for the father’s, but also for their families. If your party is going to have kids, be sure to provide a kid friendly environment and activities. It can also include a kids menu, to include things like spaghetti or pizza as well. Try preparing areas where kids can draw and have a safe place to roam and play too.
- Invite Friends and Family – Father’s Day celebrations don’t always have to be about one father. Try inviting multiple fathers together to have a joint party and increase the size of the celebration! Combining multiple smaller parties into a single big one can result in a very memorable night, especially with close friends and family coming together to celebrate.
This Father’s Day, be sure to try out some of these great ideas at your party. These are some sure ways to get your father to feel loved on his special day. They are also great ideas to get your party looking good and running smoothly. With the right ideas and the right tools and catering supplies, the possibilities for your event will be endless. Remember, you can find anything and everything you need for the perfect Father’s Day party by shopping online at Caterer’s Warehouse!
The right dinnerware can be a very important part of any spring inspired event. While it is very important to focus on flowers and the rest of the decor, the importance of the dinnerware itself should not be overlooked. The dinnerware is a crucial part of the entire tabletop, and can add a nice final touch to your presentation when done correctly.
There are many spring dinnerware ideas that will be great for any spring tabletop. Dinnerware comes in many different materials, shapes, sizes, designs, and colors, so the options are endless. It is just a matter of finding the right combination of spring dinnerware that works for your event!
Here are some of our favorite spring dinnerware ideas:
- Pink and Green – Pinks are always an excellent choice of color for any spring time event. They are lighter and softer colors, so they typically go well with all other spring time colors. Similarly, green goes well during the spring with nearly anything too. Green is a natural choice as it reflects the new plant life that blooms during the spring season. When placing pink and green dinnerware and other pieces together, you can create a very light and fun spring time feel to your tabletop.
- White with Orange Accents – White is a very universal color that goes well with everything! It is also very bright and light, so it is perfect for any spring tabletop. To be a bit more bold with your dinnerware, try pairing the white with another bright color like orange. Try using orange dinnerware, or dinnerware with orange accents. By keeping the color scheme of your dinnerware simple, you allow more creativity and flexibility when building the rest of your tabletop.
- Experimental – Spring is a time for everything new, as it is a time when new life begins to flourish. Try something completely different with your dinnerware to celebrate this spirit of the spring season. You can try mixing your dinnerware among your guests to be in a rainbow of colors, or you can try providing dinnerware that is in unusual shapes and sizes. Creativity is the key here as the options are endless as to what you can do to make your dinnerware more exciting.
- Wooden and Natural – Nothing captures the spirit of the seasons better than the outdoors. Try bringing the outdoors in by using wood dinnerware! Wood is a classic, rustic look that will definitely add some unique character to your tabletop. Wood dinnerware can also come in very different grains, patterns, and colors, so it adds a very personal touch as well.
- Ocean and Beach – While it isn’t quite beach season yet, it isn’t too early to start getting in the mood! This theme can call for some very unique and fun color schemes that are also perfect for that spring time vibe. Try aqua or turquoise dinnerware to represent the ocean, paired with a light tan or yellow dinnerware to represent the sand of the beach. Get creative and experiment with other blues, greens, and yellows too!
- Dots and Stripes – There is nothing more playful and innocent than a pattern of dots or stripes on your dinnerware. Since spring is all about playfulness, dots and stripes are perfect spring dinnerware choices. These will give your event a very lighthearted feeling, which may help make your guests feel more loose and comfortable.
- Bright Yellow and Green – Similar to the pink and green color scheme, a bright yellow and green can be a very bold scheme to use as well. This gives your table the classic “lemon and lime” look, and can be very bright and vibrant. Using this very sharp color scheme for your dinnerware will also allow you to make great contrasts with the rest of your tabletop.
- Orange and Pink – The pairing of orange and pink is an interesting combination that works surprisingly well. Both colors are very similar, but the slight differences juxtaposed with one another make for a very powerful and aesthetically pleasing combination. Try more subtle, more subdued shades of orange and pink, like peach.
- White and Gold – White and gold is a tried and true classic color scheme that is sure to please this spring and will never let you down. You can try decorating your table with white dinnerware and gold dinnerware combinations, or you can even look for white dinnerware with gold trim. Both are great options, and both will also look great in a variety of settings and color schemes. The versatility of this color combination makes this a very appealing choice for any occasion.
These are some great examples to keep in mind throughout the season. These are some great ideas to use as they are, but they can also be good inspiration for you to create your own spring tabletop arrangements as well! Don’t be afraid to be creative and make things your own.
You can always shop at catererswarehouse.com for a wide selection of dinnerware at great prices!
Food bars and self-serve food stations are becoming very popular these days. The idea of being able to customize your own food can be very appealing to some guests. Not only is it a novel, fun idea for a wedding, but it also allows the flexibility that all guests will appreciate. In addition, it encourages your guests to get out of their seats and mingle with other guests, promoting a social and community atmosphere. For caterers, it can also be beneficial as you will not have to cater and serve to each individual guest. For all these reasons and more, it is important to have a good lineup of food bar ideas for your upcoming events. If you have some catching up to do, or need some fresh ideas, try some of these for your next event!
- Potato Bar – Everyone loves potatoes, but not everyone likes it prepared the same way. Set up a potato bar for your guests,
offering potatoes served in many different ways! Include mashed potatoes, baked potatoes, potato wedges, french fries, and potato chips. Be sure to include all kinds of condiments on the side so your guests can dress their potatoes how they like as well. Try cheese, sour cream, bacon bits, chives, ketchup, mayonnaise, and more!
- Omelette Bar – Omelettes are a hearty favorite that can also be served a wide variety of different ways. What better than to let your guests prepare their omelletes themselves and to their liking! Provide plenty of eggs, bacon, onions, mushrooms, peppers, tomatoes, and other vegetables. Also have a hefty portion for bacon, sausage, ham, and other meats for your omelette. Be sure to also include a wide variety of different herbs, spices, and salts so your guests can add that final touch of flavor to their omelettes.
- Trail Mix Bar – Sometimes snacks make a great idea for a food bar. For those that are also trying to be health conscious, a trail mix food bar can be a great option too. There is much flexibility with this type of food bar, so don’t be afraid to get creative. Some staples include a variety of nuts, dehydrated berries, bananas, pineapples, mangoes, and other fruits, chocolate chips, yogurt chips, M&M’s, gummy bears, and more!
- Pretzel Bar – A great thing about a pretzel bar is that you can prepare these both savory or sweet. Pretzels go great as a dessert when dipped or coated in chocolate, or spread with jelly or jam. Topped off with some coconut flakes, bananas, strawberries, and other fresh fruit, it makes for a great dessert. Pretzels also go great with cheese, various deli meats, or just plain old mustard. Try providing some melted cheese, along with some pepperoni and even marinara sauce for a unique, pizza-like pretzel.
- Grilled Cheese Bar – This hearty and delicious comfort food makes
a great choice for a food bar because of its simplicity. When the only requirements are bread and cheese, you already have virtually limitless combinations that are possible to make. Offer many different kinds of breads, from a slightly sweet potato bread to a spicy and salty cheese and jalapeno baked bread. You can even try bagels, croissants, english muffins, or even Indian naan! The same can be said for the cheeses – get creative with your selection! Other toppings may also be a good idea to include, such as fresh tomato slices, pepperoni, bacon bits, and hot sauce.
- Popcorn Bar – Popcorn is another universal favorite, and it is very easy to prepare and to serve. It is also such a light and convenient treat that it is very easy for people to snack on. Popcorn is also very versatile, as it can come prepared in a wide variety of flavors, from salty to savory to sweet and more. Be sure to include the classics buttered popcorn and caramel popcorn, but don’t be afraid to try cheese covered popcorn, salt and vinegar popcorn, buffalo or bbq style popcorn, etc! One of the great things about popcorn is its versatility so don’t be afraid to get creative with the flavors here.
- Fruit and Veggie Bar – While this may seem boring and dull on the surface, it can actually be the star of the show if done right. Instead of just creating the same old fruit and veggie spread with dip, go the extra mile this time. Try making it a point to only get in season, local produce and incorporate that into your events theme. Try to look for ingredients that are a little unusual or special to your location and prepare something special around that. You can also try making your own dipping sauces using these ingredients as well. By making this food bar healthy, fresh, local, and exciting, you can get your guests to begin to appreciate the natural foods that are already around them everyday.
- Donut Bar – Everybody loves donuts, and donuts make another great option for a food bar. Donuts can come in a variety of shapes and sizes, and more importantly flavors and toppings. Donuts can be completely plain and still be delicious, but they can also be glazed, covered in frosting, infused with chocolate, fruits, and more. Even better, you can top your donuts with fudge, sprinkles, nuts, or jelly to give it the finishing touch. If you want to be daring, try including unusual topping items like marshmallow fluff, nutella,
honey, ice cream, or even bacon!
- Caramel Apple Bar – Another forgotten classic treat is the caramel apple. Try creating a food bar dedicated to creating the ultimate caramel apple. Offer multiple kinds of caramel to coat your apples with, from salted caramel to butterscotch caramel, to even melted milk and white chocolate. For toppings, try ground nuts of all kinds, mini marshmallows, crushed M&M’s and other candy bars, shredded coconut flakes, cookie crumble, toffee bits, dried, fruits, and much more!
- Shaved Ice Bar – The warm weather is quickly approaching, and your guest will be demanding something cold and refreshing. An easy way out would be to offer ice cream – but why be like everyone else? Try something a little different but just as good, like shaved ice! A shaved ice bar can be very versatile as well, allowing for a variety of different flavored syrups and toppings to be used. Syrups can range from all kinds of fruity flavors to a mojito or other drink flavor. Toppings can be even more varied. Try offering all kinds of fresh fruits, from various berries to mangoes, strawberries, kiwis, and pineapples. You can also offer chocolate fudge, coconut flakes, and cherries. If you so dare, try infusing these with alcohol for an added kick to this already exciting dessert!
Try these ideas at your next event and your guests will be guaranteed to love them! The variety of options and toppings will allow for unmatched customizability that your guests will appreciate. If you need any help getting the necessary catering supplies together for your food bars, you can find it all at Caterer’s Warehouse!