Birthday parties are always popping up throughout the year, so its important to be well prepared at all times. Be prepared for any birthday party with these simple but often overlooked catering tips and ideas that will make your event stand out. We have come up with 7 of our favorite and most useful birthday party catering tips to make the big day even more special.
- Keep Your Menu Staggered – When serving your many dishes, try to bring them out one at a time. Start with something light and easy to eat to get your guests started. Then gradually bring out foods that are heavier and heartier, with palate cleaners and drink refills in between.
- Have Fun With the Theme – If you have a theme for your birthday party, get creative and have fun with it! Try looking up playful and creative ways to display or make your foods while sticking to the overall theme of the party. These will surely impress your guests and add to the overall splendor of the event.
- Spread the Food Out – Throughout the event, try placing food in multiple locations throughout the event. This may be a better option than just leaving all the food on the dining table, as this encourages more movement and allows everybody to have access to something.
- Plenty of Trash Cans – Things can get messy, so its important to make it easy for your guests to clean up. Get many trash cans and distribute them evenly throughout the event. This will prevent any of the trash cans from becoming too full too fast, which will also make it easier for your guests to discard of their garbage.
- Encourage Cleanliness – This goes hand in hand with having plenty of trash cans around. In addition to this simple rule to keeping things clean, you could also encourage cleanliness by having abundant paper towels and napkins around at all times. If necessary, wet napkins may also be a good option for your guests, and
- Pillows On the Floor – Instead of providing the typical chairs for your guests to sit and relax in, try placing large pillows on the floor, if your venue allows. This will create additional seating areas for your guests, even if you run out of chairs to use. They will also create a more relaxed, casual environment for your party as well, adding to the overall ambience.
- Coasters and Place Mats – Leaving drink coasters and place mats for food is always a good idea. Doing this defines where each tabletop setting should be, and where your guests can expect to eat. These will also protect your table from harmful scratches, moisture, and spills!