With Father’s Day quickly approaching, its important to be ready with some great ideas to make any father feel special. Father’s Day is right in the middle of the spring and summer seasons, so its the perfect warm weather occasion. What better way to enjoy the sunshine and outdoors with family and great food? It doesn’t have to end there either, there are endless options when it comes to entertaining dads and making them feel like a king for a day. Here are 8 of our favorite Father’s Day party ideas that you can use to make your Father’s Day party that much more unique and exciting!
- Hire a Photographer – Try capturing special moments throughout the day with the use of an event photographer. By hiring a third party to be the photographer, you can still capture every moment while still being a part of it. In addition, after the party is over, you will have some great mementos for the father and your guests! You can use these as gifts as well, which will make the perfect compliment to a great party.
- Invite a Professional Bartender – Any father will appreciate drinks on Father’s Day. Hire a professional bartender so your guests can enjoy a wide variety of custom made drinks all day long. Treat your father to drinks that he may not normally be able to try on a regular basis. This is not kid friendly but sure to be a lot of fun for your adult guests!
- Hire Live Music – Nothing rounds out a good outdoor party better than live music. Hire a band that can play some of your father’s favorite music, and keep them as good background and ambience throughout the party. You can also encourage guests to dance, and really control the overall energy of the party throughout the day.
- Hold an Open Mic – Try setting aside some time during all of the festivities to allow for an open mic for your guests to say a few words about their fathers. Encourage your guests to share stories, jokes, and other anecdotes about their father. Slideshows can be another great idea that can add a lot to this presentation. This is sure to give a personal touch to the event – something that will be appreciated and remembered for years to come.
- Grill, Grill, Grill! – What dad doesn’t love the taste of a rich smokey steak fresh off the grill? Be sure to find out what the father’s favorite meats are and prepare them for the grill for Father’s Day. Stock up on steaks, chicken, ribs and more so you can be sure you have enough to last the entire day. Make sure that the grilling is taken care of, so he isn’t doing any of the work!
- Decorate With Him in Mind – Instead of the same old, boring and generic decor, customize your party to reflect the father’s interests. Choose a theme, from a golf theme to a beach theme, and build around it. You can even set up stations of activities based around this theme, encourage more interaction among your guests. The options here are limitless, so be creative!
- Keep It Kid Friendly – Don’t forget, Father’s Day is not only a day for the father’s, but also for their families. If your party is going to have kids, be sure to provide a kid friendly environment and activities. It can also include a kids menu, to include things like spaghetti or pizza as well. Try preparing areas where kids can draw and have a safe place to roam and play too.
- Invite Friends and Family – Father’s Day celebrations don’t always have to be about one father. Try inviting multiple fathers together to have a joint party and increase the size of the celebration! Combining multiple smaller parties into a single big one can result in a very memorable night, especially with close friends and family coming together to celebrate.
This Father’s Day, be sure to try out some of these great ideas at your party. These are some sure ways to get your father to feel loved on his special day. They are also great ideas to get your party looking good and running smoothly. With the right ideas and the right tools and catering supplies, the possibilities for your event will be endless. Remember, you can find anything and everything you need for the perfect Father’s Day party by shopping online at Caterer’s Warehouse!
The right dinnerware can be a very important part of any spring inspired event. While it is very important to focus on flowers and the rest of the decor, the importance of the dinnerware itself should not be overlooked. The dinnerware is a crucial part of the entire tabletop, and can add a nice final touch to your presentation when done correctly.
There are many spring dinnerware ideas that will be great for any spring tabletop. Dinnerware comes in many different materials, shapes, sizes, designs, and colors, so the options are endless. It is just a matter of finding the right combination of spring dinnerware that works for your event!
Here are some of our favorite spring dinnerware ideas:
- Pink and Green – Pinks are always an excellent choice of color for any spring time event. They are lighter and softer colors, so they typically go well with all other spring time colors. Similarly, green goes well during the spring with nearly anything too. Green is a natural choice as it reflects the new plant life that blooms during the spring season. When placing pink and green dinnerware and other pieces together, you can create a very light and fun spring time feel to your tabletop.
- White with Orange Accents – White is a very universal color that goes well with everything! It is also very bright and light, so it is perfect for any spring tabletop. To be a bit more bold with your dinnerware, try pairing the white with another bright color like orange. Try using orange dinnerware, or dinnerware with orange accents. By keeping the color scheme of your dinnerware simple, you allow more creativity and flexibility when building the rest of your tabletop.
- Experimental – Spring is a time for everything new, as it is a time when new life begins to flourish. Try something completely different with your dinnerware to celebrate this spirit of the spring season. You can try mixing your dinnerware among your guests to be in a rainbow of colors, or you can try providing dinnerware that is in unusual shapes and sizes. Creativity is the key here as the options are endless as to what you can do to make your dinnerware more exciting.
- Wooden and Natural – Nothing captures the spirit of the seasons better than the outdoors. Try bringing the outdoors in by using wood dinnerware! Wood is a classic, rustic look that will definitely add some unique character to your tabletop. Wood dinnerware can also come in very different grains, patterns, and colors, so it adds a very personal touch as well.
- Ocean and Beach – While it isn’t quite beach season yet, it isn’t too early to start getting in the mood! This theme can call for some very unique and fun color schemes that are also perfect for that spring time vibe. Try aqua or turquoise dinnerware to represent the ocean, paired with a light tan or yellow dinnerware to represent the sand of the beach. Get creative and experiment with other blues, greens, and yellows too!
- Dots and Stripes – There is nothing more playful and innocent than a pattern of dots or stripes on your dinnerware. Since spring is all about playfulness, dots and stripes are perfect spring dinnerware choices. These will give your event a very lighthearted feeling, which may help make your guests feel more loose and comfortable.
- Bright Yellow and Green – Similar to the pink and green color scheme, a bright yellow and green can be a very bold scheme to use as well. This gives your table the classic “lemon and lime” look, and can be very bright and vibrant. Using this very sharp color scheme for your dinnerware will also allow you to make great contrasts with the rest of your tabletop.
- Orange and Pink – The pairing of orange and pink is an interesting combination that works surprisingly well. Both colors are very similar, but the slight differences juxtaposed with one another make for a very powerful and aesthetically pleasing combination. Try more subtle, more subdued shades of orange and pink, like peach.
- White and Gold – White and gold is a tried and true classic color scheme that is sure to please this spring and will never let you down. You can try decorating your table with white dinnerware and gold dinnerware combinations, or you can even look for white dinnerware with gold trim. Both are great options, and both will also look great in a variety of settings and color schemes. The versatility of this color combination makes this a very appealing choice for any occasion.
These are some great examples to keep in mind throughout the season. These are some great ideas to use as they are, but they can also be good inspiration for you to create your own spring tabletop arrangements as well! Don’t be afraid to be creative and make things your own.
You can always shop at catererswarehouse.com for a wide selection of dinnerware at great prices!