It isn’t always easy to prepare for an upcoming winter wedding. Sometimes, there just aren’t the resources or the time to pull some great ideas off. Other times, you just don’t have enough great, fresh ideas to use. Since you have control over that, its important to make sure you always have new ideas at all times. Here are some of our favorite and most popular winter wedding trends for this season!
- Wintery Venues – The challenge with winter is bringing the beauty of the season indoors without having to battle the elements. With certain venues, this becomes increasingly possible and easier and to pull off. Try finding ways you can give access to a balcony with a nice view of a wintery landscape, while keeping space heaters nearby to keep a comfortable temperature.
- Feathers and Capes – A rising trend in this winter’s wedding fashion trends include the use of feathers and capes. You can try using feathers of all kinds in the bridal gown, hair, veils, centerpieces, and even bouquets. Capes can also be a unique and elegant way to add flair to the wedding dress. Try using a material like velvet or fur for added luxury and class!
- Bold, Earthy Color Tones – As winter is a season of bold temperatures and weather patterns, try matching this with bold, loud and earthy color tones. Try different shades of red and orange in conjunction with greens, browns, grays, blacks, and whites. The red and orange shades are very bold and daring, and will scream on top of the soft, subtle earthy tones.
- Small, Savory Foods – Winter is a time for hearty, savory, warm foods and flavors. Try preparing smaller portions of many different kinds of popular winter dishes. Comfort foods are often great choices for these criteria. Things like mac and cheese, biscuits and gravy, or a chicken pot pie are always hits with any crowd.
- Embellished Bouquets – To go along with the bold color themes, it is also a great idea to go bold with your flower bouquets. It is becoming a popular trend to embellish the flower bouque using gemstones, feathers, crystals, and other extravagant decorations to spruce it up.
- Bold Invitations – Wedding invitations can be a great way to set the mood and theme for your wedding as well. Going along great with the bold nature of the other winter wedding trends, the use of bold wedding invitations are also a must. Try sticking with the bold color themes, and use large, clean, bold text to get your message across.
Try some of these winter wedding trends this season to ensure your wedding is a unique one! These will also help you stay at the cutting edge when it comes to wedding planning and wedding catering. If you ever need any catering supplies for your winter wedding, you can always find the best deals at Caterer’s Warehouse!
With the Christmas season in full swing, it is important to have a good idea on how to cater a great Christmas party. With the chaos of the holiday season, it can be easy to overlook the most popular catering trends in the industry. Staying on top these, however, can prove to be the difference maker between you and your competition. Be sure you are in tune with these popular Christmas catering tips and trends for 2013!
- Farm To Table – In the spirit of being green, farm to table foods are becoming even more popular this Christmas season. This promotes sustainability and support for local farmers. This is a great way to not only support your local community, but also keep your menu true to the local flavors and time of year.
- Traditional Decor – While in recent years, more contemporary and unorthodox celebrations were commonplace, this season a step back to the traditional is starting to make its way back into popularity. Stick to the traditional decor items like pine cones, wreaths, bows, holly, and mistletoe, for example.
- Interactive Meal Courses – Instead of having a course plated and served to every guest, try experimenting with tasting stations, where your guests are encouraged to get up and try different stations they are interested in. This will allow them to have better control over what they eat, and also promote socializing among your guests as well. This could especially work great with appetizers and desserts.
- Different Seafood Dishes – Instead of the common beef, chicken, or fish, try some more exotic seafood options. Things like lobster, crab, sea urchin, shrimp, oysters, etc. can add a very elegant twist to your menu.
- Pop Some Champagne – What celebration is complete without some champagne? While wine, liquor, and other drinks may also be appropriate for this occasion, nothing quite says it like some quality champagne for your guests.
- Fireplaces – Where possible, the use of a real fire for both heat and ambient light is a great idea at any Christmas event. This adds the much needed warmth from the cold for your guests, but will also add an unmatched ambience and feeling of community amongst your guests, which can prove to be very memorable.
Using these tips, you can be sure to have a christmas party that is sure to entertain. Staying on top of these trends will also set you apart from the rest! If you ever need any catering supplies for your next Christmas event, you will love your experience at Caterer’s Warehouse!
Setting a table properly and with efficiency and speed can be a very valuable skill. Things can get very hectic when you are running against the clock and cannot afford mistakes or miscommunications. Because of this, it can be a big help to have certain things prepared and planned beforehand. We have put together a list of some table setting tips that can help you prepare yourself for some of these situations as well.
- Prep Your Tabletop Supplies Before – Be sure to have all of your plates, bowls, utensils, etc. to be cleaned, stacked in one place and ready to go for the next day. This way you can have everything you need in the same place and ready to be used, preventing further confusion.
- Set Flowers Early – To get the best presentation from flowers, it is important to have them set up where they need to be as soon as possible. This will give the flowers time to bloom and open up as they wont be disturbed. This will make for a fuller and more beautiful flower display.
- Simple Centerpieces – A nice centerpiece does not have to be very elaborate and complex. Sometimes, the best centerpieces are the simplest ones. Simple centerpieces also tend to be quicker and easier to handle, causing for even less confusion and chances for things to go wrong. It would be greatly beneficial if you could keep it simple while still having a great centerpiece.
- Plan for Candlelight – If you are planning on using candles for your event, be sure you have enough candles and holders and that they are all gathered in the same place and ready to be set up. This way, all you will need to do is place them and light them.
- Have a Side Buffet – If you find yourself having to make constant trips to and from the kitchen serving drinks, it may be a smart idea to set up a small side buffet table. This way, you can set up beverage dispensers so your guests can get drinks on their own. You can also leave extra plates and utensils on the table as well for your guests to pick up, or for your servers to have close on hand throughout the event.
- No Tablecloth – A tablecloth adds a nice touch to your presentation, but you can have an impressive presentation without the tablecloth as well. This will keep things simple, while ultimately saving time and hassle. Try using fashionable and stylish placemats instead, for a simpler and easier to handle presentation.
With these table setting tips, you will be able to have a much smoother experience when table setting during crunch time. If you ever need any tabletop supplies for your next event, you will find the best deals and customer service at Caterer’s Warehouse
A winter wedding is not always easy or inexpensive to plan. Especially during the colder winter months, more energy is required to provide sufficient heat and lighting for your guests. During summer months, on the other hand, it is possible to have wedding costs drastically reduced due to differences in weather. Because of this, it is important to be mindful of your carbon footprint when planning a winter wedding, and how you can make your winter wedding more green without any sacrifices in the quality of the experience. Here are 5 green winter wedding trends that may inspire you for your wedding planning this season.
- Decorate With Ice – When used creatively, ice can be a very beautiful decorative tool. It is also very simple and cheap to make! Ice is becoming very popular to use in decorations in winter weddings, and for good reason. Try molding your ice in different ways to achieve the effect you’re looking for. Try playing with the effect light has on ice as well, for an even more interesting twist.
- Use Natural Decor – There is no better way to display the natural beauty of winter than by using nature itself. Try going outside and gathering branches, twigs, berries, wood, leaves, pine cones, and other things. Use your creativity to make something that is presentable with these natural obejcts!
- Be Carbon Neutral – Another green winter wedding trend is ensuring that your wedding is carbon neutral through carbon offsets. These will ensure that emissions of green house gases will be reduced elsewhere to offset the gases that were emitted for your wedding.
- Fruit Wedding Cake Frosting – A popular trend for wedding cakes these days is the elimination of plastic wedding cake toppers and the use of more elaborate wedding cake frostings. Using a variety of local and seasonal fruits, you can really make your wedding cake green and sustainable!
- Vintage Wedding Themes – This winter, the vintage, 1920’s style wedding theme is showing growing signs of popularity as well. This can also be a fun and effective idea for a green wedding. Everything, from the venues, to the decor, to the fashion can all be something re-used from the past, reducing the need for more waste. In addition to this, a theme will add more fun and style to your wedding!
With these green winter wedding trends, you can be sure to have a very green winter wedding without any sacrifices or compromises. If you need any wedding or catering supplies to make your wedding a reality, remember to shop Caterer’s Warehouse first for the best deals, selection and customer service!
Sometimes winter weddings can be tricky to plan for. There aren’t as many weddings during the winter than other times of year, so it can be easy to lose sight of what is expected for a wedding during the winter time. Don’t let a simple mistake turn into a disaster, so be sure that you have all of the finer details accounted for. Here are some winter wedding tips that can really help shape the look and feel of your wedding.
- Keep it Cozy – With the sun setting earlier, and the colder weather settling in, winter is the season to get cozy. You can continue with this theme through the use of candle light, and warm and soft colors and textures for your decor. A fireplace would add a nice touch, and serving hot, rich drinks like hot chocolate or eggnog are also a great addition.
- Temperature Control – The winter is a time when you may need to be especially conscious about temperature control. Be sure that your cermeony is warm enough indoors to relieve your guests from cold. If feasible, try providing heat lamps outdoors to give your guests a break from the cold wherever possible as well. Be mindful that it doesn’t get too hot indoors, however.
- Color Crazy – You can’t go wrong with the traditional color schemes that are often associated with the winter season. However, there are no rules against doing something totally against the grain, and maybe that is something that works for you and your client. Consider using bright, vibrant colors for a summer time beach theme, or lighter, pastel colors for a spring time feel, for example.
- Guest Favors – Be gracious for your guests, and don’t let them go home empty handed from your event! Try providing special favors and gifts like food, snacks, or small crafts related to the couple.
- Indoor Receiving Line – Oftentimes, receiving lines can become quite long and create a line of guests out the door, waiting for their turn. Be sure to prevent having your guests wait outdoors for too long; bring your receiving line indoors. This way, your guests will not have to worry about getting stuck outside in the cold.
Use these winter wedding tips at your next wedding to bring your catering to the next level. Your wedding guests will also appreciate the attention to detail! If you need any catering or wedding supplies, be sure to check out Caterer’s Warehouse for all of your catering supply needs!
Weddings are always changing and evolving with the times, so it is important that you stay on top of the latest seasonal trends. It is always a smart idea to stick to tried and true techniques that work, but this is not the best way to set yourself apart from the rest. It is equally important to take some risks and try something new and different and see how things play out. Every year, different catering trends arise, especially trends that are seasonal. Be sure you are on top this winter’s wedding trends so you can be ahead of the competition!
- Winter Style Bouquets – You can be free to be creative here with your choice of winter flowers. However, it is always nice to use flowers that are known to be winter favorites. Maybe most importantly, use flowers that display winter colors, including deep greens, whites, and reds. This can include amaryllis, holly, thistle, and pine.
- Bold Wedding Invitations – This winter, be a little bolder with your wedding invitations. It is becoming increasingly popular to make winter wedding invitations very formal, giving your invitation a very bold look to achieve this. This style will also allow for a very clear, straight forward, elegant, and clean look to your wedding invitations, which will eliminate confusion.
- Classic, Vintage Decor – Another trend this winter is the use of vintage decor. Make your wedding feel like one from the 1920’s, or any era of your liking for that matter. With the use of appropriate vintage decor, you can make your wedding have a very classic vibe and appeal to it. This can be both fun and interesting for you and your guests, making things different and exciting.
- Gems and Crystals – To spruce up your presentation this winter, try adding some sparkle to your decor with the use of crystals and gemstones. These will shine and glimmer in the light, mimicking snow reflecting the sunlight. If gems or crystals are not available, try using anything that is metallic silver or gold, as they can also reflect shimmering light.
- The Right Winter Music – Visual appeal and delicious menus are always a must have for any event, but do not overlook the importance of good music this winter. The appropriate music can be a very powerful tool to spark emotion and movement in a crowd. Be sure to have a great playlist or DJ that can set the mood you are looking for with a great music selection.
- High Ceiling Venues – Due to the winter weather, most winter wedding receptions will be held indoors. If this is the case with your wedding, try to find a venue that has a high ceiling. This is growing in popularity and is especially becoming a trend this winter, as it allows for an indoor wedding to feel larger and more grandiose. This may not be the first thing your guests notice, but it will definitely make a huge difference in their impression.
Keep these winter wedding trends in mind this season when planning for your events. These trends could be what makes your event more memorable than others, setting yourself apart from the rest. If you ever need any catering supplies to make your winter wedding ideas come true, remember to check out Caterer’s Warehouse!